Page 105 of 153 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Wouldn't mind these for my D15B4:

Coupled with a Rowland M043 intake manifold.

I will eat B16's for lunch! And will cost half the price of a conversion..And this coming from a Carby haha.

Just give me some time fellas, I want to preety much have more power than a EK4, since the B16 came stock in them, they're around the 6-8k mark, so I will need to work with my D15B4 twin carb motor, produce better 1/4 mile times then a EK4, better power at the wheels then a EK4, and all of that for half the price of a EK4. Then we can finally close this case.

From different perspectives, its about 3-4k for getting a B16 intalled into a EG, with half of that money, I will try to make the car faster then a B16 EG with a twin carby!
    tiksie 3-4 k is definitely over priced
    you can get b16 series set ups for 1-2k these days do the install yourself
    like you are installing your set up i assume
    most b16a egs do 14.5 - 14.8 with i/e
    or you can get eg b16a for 5-7 k these days so why waste you money doing a conversion for 3-4k
    when most of the work has been done

only replied as you brought up the subject of d versus b

but tiksie it will be great if you do this itb mod to show another option instead of going turbo
    cant wait for your results
    make sure you post up no's times mate

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Cheers Lan.

Yeah I will be getting it dynoed when I'm done with it all and hitting the strip!

I will be comparing it to the B16A2 EK4 as we never got the EG6 here in Aus (afaik)... Since we are talking about comparing AUDM motors ofcourse

Along with having fun with working on the D series, I just want to get better statistics then a B16 (keeping costs in mind, not performance parts).. If it was the latter, then ofcourse the B series has no limits to modification and will run a muck over the D series.

I just want to show people that you can get decent power out of D's aswell..Especially with carbs! With a small budget.

Since it would cost me 2K max for all B16 gear to convert into my EG, I will keep the benchmark at 1.5K for mods.

I won't go turbo with a carby motor, as much as you can, it's too much work needed imo. Keeping it all NA!
    Last edited by tiksie; 21-08-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Cheers Lan.

Yeah I will be getting it dynoed when I'm done with it all and hitting the strip!

I will be comparing it to the B16A2 EK4 as we never got the EG6 here in Aus (afaik)... Since we are talking about comparing AUDM motors ofcourse

Along with having fun with working on the D series, I just want to get better statistics then a B16 (keeping costs in mind, not performance parts).. If it was the latter, then ofcourse the B series has no limits to modification and will run a muck over the D series.

I just want to show people that you can get decent power out of D's aswell..Especially with carbs! With a small budget.

Since it would cost me 2K max for all B16 gear to convert into my EG, I will keep the benchmark at 1.5K for mods.

I won't go turbo with a carby motor, as much as you can, it's too much work needed imo. Keeping it all NA!
    in for this! got a budget sheet or project timeline?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Interested to see your results. Great to see someone doing it instead of just running their mouth. Even if it ends up slower than an ek4, at least you have the sound of open webers to keep you happy

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I will keep all results in my thread:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...in-Carby-Build!

Currently got these coming from Italy:

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's so cool Tiksie!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Cheers Lan.

props to you nice to see some one in this thread doing something
    and not just talking about it
    will keep a eye on it

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    1+ good work, aytac , going to sound pretty nice when done ay

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm doing something LAN!! lol

Timmy and I just watch 'The pursuit of Function',got the link from a thread on here,if anyone hasn't seen,gotta watch it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaeHpKgocqc

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    1+ good work, aytac , going to sound pretty nice when done ay
    Throttle response and power gained from webbers is amazing in itself! The sound is also amazing, wonder how it would sound on a d-series!

I used to have a V8 before so I'm a little familiar with tuning carbs, so hopefully it's not too hard!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Awesome.PLEASE post Vids Tiks!!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    When I'm all done I will