Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,705 to 1,716 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by _CRX_ View Post
    A whole page of sh1t that has nothing to do with d series.....good work
    hey man, youre saying this d series discussion is shit?
    this is a personal attack to another user.

but seriously, i dont see anything wrong with the discussion for d series power figure
    all the time i had d15b sohc vtak, never knew how much power it put down.
    always thought it was around 60kw. felt really slow.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Lol the last 10 posts have nothing to do with d series powere figures

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    Lol i just asked about my fail d16a8 ended up being a discussion about b16s

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    Like we said man, not fail. Good power!

Quote Originally Posted by _CRX_ View Post
    Lol the last 10 posts have nothing to do with d series powere figures
    So we went a bit off-topic, big deal. At least we're having healthy discussion. Your own bullsh!t posts haven't been relative to any engine at all, let alone on-topic like you so childishly whinge about. Keep spamming and you'll get infracted, last warning.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    <deleted>
    Last edited by dougie_504; 31-03-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: As you wish!

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    just remember different dyno's will give a diff power reading.
    take it to the strip to really gauge where your power is at

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    Its not a fail engine at all! 68kw from an auto isn't terrible - just a question of how much you want at the wheels

I've got a CRX with the D16A8 in stock form from factory i want to dyno it to see my base and then go from there - i'd love to get a power to weight of 1kw - 10kg (so around 90ish kw atw)
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    I miss my old d15
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    just remember different dyno's will give a diff power reading.
    take it to the strip to really gauge where your power is at
    +1

CANT STOP STRESSING IT, DYNO = TUNING TOOL!

Too many of these dyno figures are based on peak power which isnt what u want on a low displacement 4 banger, regardless of B series or D series for that matter.

Peak power means shit all if u cant use if effectively! And i can say this from personal experience!

U want good mid - top end power, which is what u should be aiming for, and if ur cars a DD, than u only wanna aim for mid range power, not peak... sucks being over taken by a 4 banger camry doesnt it LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Quick question for the d series boys, have heard of a b series box going on a d series is it true? If so would an auto eg6 box bolt straight on?, the cars a sedan eg single cam so not sure what engine code it is
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm boy View Post
    Quick question for the d series boys, have heard of a b series box going on a d series is it true? If so would an auto eg6 box bolt straight on?, the cars a sedan eg single cam so not sure what engine code it is
    What are you trying to achieve ? a b sseries auto box into a d series? IF their both manual/ auto then straight swapp but if your converting the eg6's auto box with a manual, bseries manual box than a d series. Dont think you'd downgrade unless your on a massive budget.

Also if your going from auto > manual you'd have to repuck the box and also change the ecu's setting to make the engine think its manual I.E putting parking sensor cable in at all times for nuetral etc.

Correct me if im wrong, bit all over the place.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm boy View Post
    Take a picture of your engine. The engine number should be printed on the left hand side, front of engine, just on the block where the head/block meet.

Yes, it's possible to do this setup. It's called the 'D2B' and I've seen it done in the USA, but never in Australia. It's not a straight bolt-on setup and requires some conversion plates etc. There are companies that produce complete conversion packages.

Your best bet would be to do some research on http://www.d-series.org/. They do a lot of things that we don't. However I wouldn't advise going down this path - better off just getting a B-series, or if you're really keen on a better box for your D-series just change out some of the gears for shorter ratios and buy an after-market final drive. If you want to do this (again I don't recommend it) PM me and I can point you to a person who sells these products for D-series GBox's.