Page 150 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,789 to 1,800 of 1836
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    So super sprints or hill climb 3J IPRA allows B16a in a ED as they where FIA approved as a touring car this link has good info in it and to know the ins and outs of it contact twinturbo on there (Gary Cook) I honestly would not waste my money without it making it worth while just giving you some info to think about.And dont worry I have been involved in IPRA and Honda's for many years and crewed with Gary Cook for alot of them on different cars.
    http://www.ipraforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6668
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    So super sprints or hill climb 3J IPRA allows B16a in a ED as they where FIA approved as a touring car this link has good info in it and to know the ins and outs of it contact twinturbo on there (Gary Cook) I honestly would not waste my money without it making it worth while just giving you some info to think about.And dont worry I have been involved in IPRA and Honda's for many years and crewed with Gary Cook for alot of them on different cars.
    http://www.ipraforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6668
    Interesting read, looks like i'd need ef9 front guards, bonnet and possibly the front bumper too.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Knowing what it costs to develop a D to the level to do lap times anywhere near a STD B16a I would have a serious think about what is best for you because once you spend $1000's of dollars you wont ever get it back.As much as I enjoy building and tuning D series engines they have there limit in a N/A form and carby tuning will cost alot more than EFI in dyno hrs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dis guys speaks the truth. good info here^^^

"lets talk d series"
    "no, get a B"
    "ok"
    /thread

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Biggest problem is guys want to be different and really they are just wasting money in the long run you need to research rules if your racing and use them to your best advantage and not spend 10's of thousands of dollars to enjoy your sport/hobby.

With a D series it takes alot to make 100kw+ at the wheels i had one that I spent hrs and hrs on the dyno with it was a full OEM build D16Y1 P29 pistons mild ported head cut open ported intake manifold 60mm TB and it would only make 99kw no matter what I did without spending alot more on the cyl head there was not alot more mid range power to find,that engine cost less than $1000 to build because I did it myself and really 99kw for under $1000 its cheap power and a hell of alot a fun to drive and did surprise a few cars and drivers on the road.Now on a race track it would not have suited with its powerband and this is why I would use a B shake in what you want to do there are a few cheap b16 conversions around PM me and I will send you the links or if you want the spec's on the D I had I am more than happy to post them up.
    Last edited by ALLMTR996; 29-07-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Biggest problem is guys want to be different and really they are just wasting money in the long run you need to research rules if your racing and use them to your best advantage and not spend 10's of thousands of dollars to enjoy your sport/hobby.

With a D series it takes alot to make 100kw+ at the wheels i had one that I spent hrs and hrs on the dyno with it was a full OEM build D16Y1 P29 pistons mild ported head cut open ported intake manifold 60mm TB and it would only make 99kw no matter what I did without spending alot more on the cyl head there was not alot more mid range power to find,that engine cost less than $1000 to build because I did it myself and really 99kw for under $1000 its cheap power and a hell of alot a fun to drive and did surprise a few cars and drivers on the road.Now on a race track it would not have suited with its powerband and this is why I would use a B shake in what you want to do there are a few cheap b16 conversions around PM me and I will send you the links or if you want the spec's on the D I had I am more than happy to post them up.
    This forum needs more people like you
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    B > d > k

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    B > d > k
    Fark hes right.....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    the solution is obvious just put J series into jazz for max unsafe feels

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    the solution is obvious just put J series into jazz for max sexual feels
    I like this idea.

Mid mount it.

Jazz chassis is actually pretty good lol.
    We're doing it for the children.

PM'd ALLMTR

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    shake I will post up the D series spec's for you once I print off a dyno sheet when I am at Insight Motorsports next.