Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    I like the rear but prefer the previous front.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    these cars are worth every cent.my dad has one and is loving it.hes previouse car was a merc ml350 which was worth 95 grand wen new and let me tell u the legend is WAY better car.dad was gona go for another merc but i told him to test drive the legend and as soon as he drove it he bought it on the spot.i drive it quite a bit and i love it...jus my 2 cents
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    I think the legend is over priced for what you get. Is it really worth 30k more than a Accord V6 Lux?

Around $60k would be more like it.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers View Post
    I think the legend is over priced for what you get. Is it really worth 30k more than a Accord V6 Lux?

Around $60k would be more like it.

I think thats half true.. if you compare the legend to the equivalent bmw or merc, its WAY better value at half the cost. But i think the downfall is that people who are going to buy the legend probably think "why not buy the accord at half the price"? I agree theres not enough seperating that accord and current legend for the price diff.

And btw, i think the back looks like the 7 series

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    lol the euros (merc, bmw etc) are not what everyones makes em out to be.

the build quality in many cases is below that of the legend, or even the civic or euro for that matter

True the build quality of a euro or civic would be lower than the legend....suppose Honda could be looking into having a range of vehicles to cater for all .

If I was looking at spending $80,000 the first thing that comes into mind is BMW, Mercedes (which $80,000 wouldn't buy you much really) Audi, Lexus (IS250), Volvo etc..which have earned the label as luxury car manufacturers from day one.

At $60,000 yes I'de consider the Legend, $80,000 for a Honda sports car yep bring it on.....but a old fellas car at $80,000 hmmmm....have to think about that one

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    My guess would be the likely target market is 45yrs+ likely male, closer to retirement age kind of guy. I think most of us here are @ OH is at least half that target age.

It is an $80k car which is so much better value when compared to a direct european competitor such as a BMW 5 series, E class merc, A6 which are at least >$20k more.

The question is, would someone justify paying $30k on top of a Accord V6 Luxury? If I was at the dealership, I would drive both the Accord V6 lux, then hop into the Legend straight after and realise, wooah first impressions of both cars feels the same. leather, nice wood, large, power feels similar with 200kw+ in each, smooth, quiet etc.

As for build quality, any japanese branded vehicle has built better than any european car! My dad runs a Merc E240, brother runs a BMW 320 and Alfa 156, and me - just a simple Honda Jazz and seriously is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6MT
    Hrrrm back looks nice front looks so so. Probably a very nice car...but will it sell in its price bracket??? Time will tell i guess...
    2004 Accord Euro 6MT
    ------------------------------
    mods
    ------------------------------

Mugen catback exhaust l Philips BlueVision 4000k headlights

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post
    My guess would be the likely target market is 45yrs+ likely male, closer to retirement age kind of guy. I think most of us here are @ OH is at least half that target age.

It is an $80k car which is so much better value when compared to a direct european competitor such as a BMW 5 series, E class merc, A6 which are at least >$20k more.

The question is, would someone justify paying $30k on top of a Accord V6 Luxury? If I was at the dealership, I would drive both the Accord V6 lux, then hop into the Legend straight after and realise, wooah first impressions of both cars feels the same. leather, nice wood, large, power feels similar with 200kw+ in each, smooth, quiet etc.

As for build quality, any japanese branded vehicle has built better than any european car! My dad runs a Merc E240, brother runs a BMW 320 and Alfa 156, and me - just a simple Honda Jazz and seriously is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.

i wouldnt go to the extent of better build quality etc.. there are some very nice euro cars especially the luxury cars that are better build than the japs. The way the car feels, quality of metal used, the firmness clasp of the doors shutting, paint finishes etc, yes u pay a premium for thieir brand and their service but its well worth it if you have the cash. Personally id choose a bmw over a honda luxury car 80k is i bit much imo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    kind of prefer the current styling lolol

.© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    i wouldnt go to the extent of better build quality etc.. there are some very nice euro cars especially the luxury cars that are better build than the japs. The way the car feels, quality of metal used, the firmness clasp of the doors shutting, paint finishes etc, yes u pay a premium for thieir brand and their service but its well worth it if you have the cash. Personally id choose a bmw over a honda luxury car 80k is i bit much imo...
    thats the thing, 80K wouldnt you get much in the european car section. id rather a legend over a C200K or 325i any day. just take it for a drive and see the difference. and the legend is a diffrent car to the accord...take em for a drive and see what i mean
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Member Array
    That's the problem with badges.. Had the Legend came as Acura RL then everyone will take a different view about that car.

Legend = Accord V6 Lux? That is the same as saying Lexus ES350 = Aurion Presara

In fact the Legend/Accord have more mechanical differentiations: SH-AWD vs FWD, and different engines.

The Presara and ES350 are both FWD, share the same engine (2GR-FE) and gearbox (U660).

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post
    Have you actually sat in the Legend before?

The REAL wood trim immediately feels and looks different in the Legend. Accord interior is only strapped in plastics with woody pattern. If you cannot tell the difference, then well, what else can I say..