Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    Quote Originally Posted by boleh View Post
    That's the problem with badges.. Had the Legend came as Acura RL then everyone will take a different view about that car.

Legend = Accord V6 Lux? That is the same as saying Lexus ES350 = Aurion Presara

In fact the Legend/Accord have more mechanical differentiations: SH-AWD vs FWD, and different engines.

The Presara and ES350 are both FWD, share the same engine (2GR-FE) and gearbox (U660).

I think people are slowly starting to understand that a company can build both cheap and economic cars, while at the same time build expensive luxury vehicles all under the one badge. And Honda is doing quite a good job at it in both the marketing sense and also the actual end product.

And BTW ... not many people think of the Legend as an expensive version of the Accord V6 LUX. LOL...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legend KB1
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE888 View Post
    My guess would be the likely target market is 45yrs+ likely male, closer to retirement age kind of guy. I think most of us here are @ OH is at least half that target age.

It is an $80k car which is so much better value when compared to a direct european competitor such as a BMW 5 series, E class merc, A6 which are at least >$20k more.

The question is, would someone justify paying $30k on top of a Accord V6 Luxury? If I was at the dealership, I would drive both the Accord V6 lux, then hop into the Legend straight after and realise, wooah first impressions of both cars feels the same. leather, nice wood, large, power feels similar with 200kw+ in each, smooth, quiet etc.

As for build quality, any japanese branded vehicle has built better than any european car! My dad runs a Merc E240, brother runs a BMW 320 and Alfa 156, and me - just a simple Honda Jazz and seriously is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.
    I own a Legend KB1, the 2007 model and I'm only in my early 30's

I think design wise Honda Legend is still appealing to younger buyer but the price will put off a lot of potential young buyers. You will have to sit in this car then you will understand why it is worth the money

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    looks like an accord to me haha

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    True the build quality of a euro or civic would be lower than the legend....suppose Honda could be looking into having a range of vehicles to cater for all .
    lol what i was saying is that hte build quality of most similarly priced european cars would be far worse than the legend!

i haven't had much experience with audis but i know similar priced mercs and beemers just do not compare. the legend is much better put together, and is much better value for money. as UNSL1 said option a european lux car with the same features as a legend and see what kinda dollars you are spending
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    KB1 Legend
    I own the KB1 to and im 24 haha. Problem is people under 45 are still worried about a badge. I test drove an A6 and several 530i's in the same price bracket and still chose the KB. Although i must admit if Honda wants to keep up with this part of the market they need to fly the Acura Flag and fix the handling a little bit, SH-AWD is all nice, but just doesnt compare to the BMW's handling. Interior beats the A6 and 530 hands down tho, which is where you spend most of your time, and why I made the choice to stick with the Legend

nice bumpidy bump