Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    well my old car ran a 35 profile, but from looking around, an accord has to run a 30 series profile with 20s? pretty rubber band like lol
    Last edited by davidrotheray; 07-05-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: changing

Member Array
    Car:
    08 white euro lux
    thats my car at the moment.

20x8.5 +45 offset... if i had + 40 at that height, i'd have to modify the bumper and the mounts to make it clear between the bumper mount and tyre, at the moment its around 3-4mm gap.... guards are rolled as it was less than a pinky gap along the lip on the top of the arch... car rides fine no scraping nothing...

so yeah DONT go lower than +45... 45 is best for 20" a higher offset will rub on the inner guard over bumps, trust me even + 45 did before i heated up the pastic and cleanced it out.

your going to wanna get 225/30/20's btw, otherwise the tyres will scrub too

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 euro 6 speed
    looks good man

fcuk i cant wait to get my car errrrr

Ok cool, so nothing less then +45 offset.

So you basically only rolled the guards, and with a +45 offset, 30 series rubber, it rides fine?

I will have a look around and see what I can find. How wide are your 20's? 20*8, or 20*8.5?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrotheray View Post
    no more then 8.5 wide?

is there any other shops on the net that have a nice big gallery for me to browse through?
    If you only like to browse through different wheels try the following:

http://www.permaisuri.com
    http://www.tirerack.com
    http://www.spoiledcars.com

Unfortunately not many australian shops has updated their website frequently.

if you need more info about offset:
    http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp?type=wheels

My euro had 235/35/19 with width 8 and offset 48, everything is good, no camber kit,no guard roll and no rubbing

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by siknis View Post

20x8.5 +45 offset... if i had + 40 at that height, i'd have to modify the bumper and the mounts to make it clear between the bumper mount and tyre, at the moment its around 3-4mm gap.... guards are rolled as it was less than a pinky gap along the lip on the top of the arch... car rides fine no scraping nothing...

so yeah DONT go lower than +45... 45 is best for 20" a higher offset will rub on the inner guard over bumps, trust me even + 45 did before i heated up the pastic and cleanced it out.

If my car was that low with that profile tyre i'd never get out of my driveway and with the shit Sydney roads the tyres would'nt last a week.How much were your tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 euro 6 speed
    what suspension r u using???

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by siknis View Post

More and more people seem to like that look - not sure why. 20"s just don't look right on the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 euro 6 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    More and more people seem to like that look - not sure why. 20"s just don't look right on the Euro.
    r u serious i think they look ultra mad

i suppose each to there own

Wow, they really look like 22s or something, lol

I didnt think 20s looked 'that big' on the euros, wow, lol, or maybe its just that rim that make it look bigger then it is?

Maybe I should go 19s?

Can someone post up a pic of 19s on a euro, and one of 20s on a euro, please (prefarably taken from same angle so can compare difference - yea i know the difference is 1 inch incase there is some smart ass's on here)

Thanks guys

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    lol yeah i think 19's is top for the euro!

Mr747 has the same wheels as siknis in 19's! search it

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    i think the rims look HUGE because of the low profile rubber bands on them.
    id hate to ding a rim driving into a pot hole..