Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    You may think the price is steep - but you should see the amounts of people interested in this car! They will sell out like hotcakes.

I cannot stress the amount of people I have seen walk into the showroom ready to purchase a Type R and not knowing how to drive a manual. The Civic Si will appeal to these people - and from the feedback I've gotten from the Melbourne International Motorshow; this is definantly a head turning hot hatch!

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    sohc 1.8L ... 103kw fails... what on earth are they thinking with the price!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Unlike the Type R; this is a more luxurious variant with top of the range features.

If the response, demand and sales of the Civic Si is successful; Honda may bring in a standard type in this shape for a lesser price. Hopefully sales go well!

I drove the manual Si today. Sorry for the quality of the shots as these are taken on my phone; but here is a peek:

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm not liking that front grill... The Type R one is nicer. And that gearstick base looks..... american?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Bring in 50 FD2Rs without change from japspec at 50k each, they might sell like hotcakes ehhehehhe
    Might is an understatement. Although the problem with Honda's is that the vast majority of enthusiasts can't seem to afford/want to buy a new one at a very high price. We rely on the second hand market too much, that's probebly why they haven't brought it in... along with other reasons of course...
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Honda = one word - idiots.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ny View Post
    Might is an understatement. Although the problem with Honda's is that the vast majority of enthusiasts can't seem to afford/want to buy a new one at a very high price. We rely on the second hand market too much, that's probebly why they haven't brought it in... along with other reasons of course...
    People bought the DC5R. That's where the supply for the 2nd hand market came from. There were also quite a few DC5S sold. I bought my Euro new as well and there are also quite a few with a new CU2 on this forum alone.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by s2o0o View Post
    this is definantly a head turning hot hatch!
    Hot hatch with a R18.... -ve

And for a price of over $40k for an auto variant..... if anyone buys this over a Golf they must have smoked a meteor sized chunk of rock.
    Last edited by SPEEDCORE; 14-04-2009 at 08:11 AM.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    geez theyre ugly... youd back the rear of that thing into everything...
    id do it on purpose....

is all the drivetrain and suspension functions all the same as the current
    FN2R??? by not having Independant rear suspension???

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    i really like the pic with the stockings MOAR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    +1

It really is a bit expensive I think - $40k is a lot of money considering what else is on the market (even Hondas own stuff like the Accord Euro and existing Civic sedan!)

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    I feel sorry for the future kids of the parent who will one day drive this fugly overpriced piece of shit. FD still beats this! thumbsUP
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33