Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    for around that price..i'd get a focus xr5T
    Last edited by danielj; 09-05-2008 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin View Post
    even though one is sedan one is hatch... wouldnt they be competing in the same market segment...
    One would think that... but my take on it is that both Rs would cater to different people.... young girls and boy racers (they are one and the same really ) most likely attract hatch demand, while your slightly older buyer... even possibly young family would not pass down a 4 door variant.

I honestly believe both could be succesfully sold side by side here in Australia.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    From an advertising viewpoint, i think Honda Australia is trying hard to leverage and build on Honda's image as a premium automotive brand.

Looks like a marketing direction... selling "premium" automobiles, trying lure customers away from the likes of BMW, Lexus etc. Eventually... it would be sort of like packaging a camry as a lexus... thus more money for honda...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    One would think that... but my take on it is that both Rs would cater to different people.... young girls and boy racers (they are one and the same really ) most likely attract hatch demand, while your slightly older buyer... even possibly young family would not pass down a 4 door variant.
    I tend to disagree... being a slightly older buyer, I would only buy the FD2R if I had another car as a daily. Because I wouldn't want my kid riding in a baby seat in the FD2R feeling every single bump in the road.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Bumpyness I guess is subjective.... if the DC5R and DC2R (I know 2 doors) are anything to go by, and an indication of what the ride quality is like in the 4 door R, I would have no issue with with using it for my little ones capsule in it. I didn't feel those two cars (stock) were overly harsh at all... quite livable. Sydney roads I have heard leave alot to be desired so I guess that would be a big influence on your view.... not that SE QLD are anything to write home about.

Still.... do you feel it would sell concurrently with the UK offering?

EDIT: Interesting view quenjose.... given Honda AUs mention of looking at introducing Acura to oz.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    Wouldn't that explain why they'd import the FN2R over the FD2R?

I think Honda is trying to cash in on the many people who are buying VW Golfs, Peugeot 307s and BMW 1/3 series...

Because the the FN2 is pretty much a "european" civic, so they're obviously expecting that buyer segment to notice that and consider them as an alternative. Kind of like a luxury spec euro civic, not just any japanese hatch.

Its not just about how much value for your dollar you are getting nowadays, its also about how much "image" your getting for your dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by quenjose View Post

I think Honda is trying to cash in on the many people who are buying VW Golfs, Peugeot 307s and BMW 1/3 series...

Because the the FN2 is pretty much a "european" civic, so they're obviously expecting that buyer segment to notice that and consider them as an alternative. Kind of like a luxury spec euro civic, not just any japanese hatch.

Its not just about how much value for your dollar you are getting nowadays, its also about how much "image" your getting for your dollar.
    makes sense... but these days people will do their research... i really cant see anyone buying a up model standard FN2 when the Type R version is 3-4k higher... then again...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin View Post
    makes sense... but these days people will do their research... i really cant see anyone buying a up model standard FN2 when the Type R version is 3-4k higher... then again...
    They will buy the regular one if they can't drive stick.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i have spoken to several people at honda aust that have mentioned they would like a 5 door hatch for the Australasian market, however this would mean a new factory in thailand so it wont be happening in the immediate future.

they are well aware we have not had a civic hatch for some time now and are losing sales to the corolla and other similar cars

i have also heard rumours on a hatch SMALLER than the jazz being planned for aust, no idea what this could be at this stage.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord '94 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    They will buy the regular one if they can't drive stick.

or need 4-door car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by quenjose View Post

This statement sounds about right.

what can i say. mature adults prefers expensive eurostyle ricers.
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3 + Honda Odyssey
    I would be keen on a civic hatch but not for that price.. another 5K more and you can get a civic type R. OR.. for the same price.. a beasty mazda 3 MPS =P