Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    the pricing isn't an issue here i don't think.
    as many have pointed out, it is looking like it's in competition with the low end european models, but i'd still buy a bmw 1series or audi A3 for the extra $$$ over a Honda Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    yeah, this is Civic not Accord, so the price doesn't make sense LOLz...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    yeh man if i was a buyer, ill rather pay 3-4k more for the FN2R, or a Civic Sport. 35k for a 5door civic hatch is abit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    i have spoken to several people at honda aust that have mentioned they would like a 5 door hatch for the Australasian market, however this would mean a new factory in thailand so it wont be happening in the immediate future.

they are well aware we have not had a civic hatch for some time now and are losing sales to the corolla and other similar cars

i have also heard rumours on a hatch SMALLER than the jazz being planned for aust, no idea what this could be at this stage.
    Something like the Honda Life or Zest you think?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by quenjose View Post

Because the the FN2 is pretty much a "european" civic,.
    Now thats a good name for it. The Civic Euro

Worked for the accord

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    yeah, this is Civic not Accord, so the price doesn't make sense LOLz...
    I think thats whole point here isnt it?

If it appeals to the boy racers here... then obviously they've targeted the wrong market...

Think "yuppie".... think mature adult, or rich housewife's upmarket shopping trolley. THink "i hate boy racers"... THink "european lifestyle"....

They're selling sophistication here... (or so i assume ... not affordability.)

I think they'll sell well. Just depends on the marketing.

this is a great move and it will sell. try throwing your mountain bike into the back of a jazz. or a type R. some people do have a life, biking, skiing, etc, and they have friends as well. we arnt all boy racers.
    about time, price irrelevant, cant wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    Skoda Octavia RS serious!
    i cant see why people are being so negative on this subject
    the hatch is a very futuristic and good looking. this car should be brought in regardless of price - would you rather this (with a 103kW 1.8L) or a base audi a3 (with a 76kW 1.6L)? the honda is certain to have better equipment and looks much better than the a3.

i think the next boast honda needs to get on is the diesel boat. they're waiting for a stupid auto box on the great 2.2L 4cyl td. if you cant drive a manual, you shouldnt be driving a diesel at all! how great would a accord cdti, civic hatch cdti (which would get similar economy to a civic hybrid) or a crv cdti??? great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    i think the next boast honda needs to get on is the diesel boat. they're waiting for a stupid auto box on the great 2.2L 4cyl td. if you cant drive a manual, you shouldnt be driving a diesel at all!
    This is an interesting POV from a VAG product owner......

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Wow... I’ve only read the first page... and some of you have obviously never done any form of marketing or think everyone is interested in modifying cars.

The FN2r is in a niche market vehicle, and I would hazard a guess that it is the least sold Civic... why you ask, well the average person doesn’t want a "sports car", and would prefer just getting a car that gets you from A-B.

If you have a look at the current market place, the higher sellers are:
    Mazda 3
    VW Golf
    Ford Focus
    etc etc

Do you notice something simular with all these cars? Yes they are all 4-door, 5-seat hatch backs... and they are all big sellers. They also do go into the high-$20k, low-$30k price range, and as we all know, Honda is considered one of the "upper market" Japanese car manufacturers, so it would make sense for them to sell the car for $35k.

Personally I think it would be stupid not for Honda to tap into this market, as there are more sales to be had.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Wow... I’ve only read the first page... and some of you have obviously never done any form of marketing or think everyone is interested in modifying cars.

The FN2r is in a niche market vehicle, and I would hazard a guess that it is the least sold Civic... why you ask, well the average person doesn’t want a "sports car", and would prefer just getting a car that gets you from A-B.

Mazda 3
    VW Golf
    Ford Focus
    etc etc

Do you notice something simular with all these cars? Yes they are all 4-door, 5-seat hatch backs... and they are all big sellers. They also do go into the high-$20k, low-$30k price range, and as we all know, Honda is considered one of the "upper market" Japanese car manufacturers, so it would make sense for them to sell the car for $35k.

Personally I think it would be stupid not for Honda to tap into this market, as there are more sales to be had.
    Are you basing your numbers on VFACTS? If you are, then they include fleet sales as well, something which Honda does not do. In fact, Honda had trouble keeping up with the demand of the Civic sedan, so even if they did sell to fleet, the waiting list would end up being much much longer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post

Mazda 3
    VW Golf
    Ford Focus
    etc etc

ur sorta hitting it, and sorta not there. yes it is the least sold civic, not cuz people come in and go ewww sporty, they go OMFG 43k???? I get heaps of people coming in asking about it, then jumping back about three feet as if it were cooty ridden when they see the price. I think bringing in a civic hatch is brilliant, but its about 5-10k overpriced. the majority of people who come in lookin for a hatch are sitting in the high end jazz-civic range, but dont like the sedans, most 35-40k buyers are looking for something a bit more luxurious and rarely ask about hatches. I think if they dropped the price to suit for the average family, vti and vti-L range, then the sales would blow through the roof.
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other