Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by s2o0o View Post
    You may think the price is steep - but you should see the amounts of people interested in this car! They will sell out like hotcakes.

I cannot stress the amount of people I have seen walk into the showroom ready to purchase a Type R and not knowing how to drive a manual. The Civic Si will appeal to these people - and from the feedback I've gotten from the Melbourne International Motorshow; this is definantly a head turning hot hatch!
    and how many people turned away disappointed after finding out how much it cost?

also, people being interested in this car at the Motorshow is completely different to them actually going to the dealership and signing on the dotted line for a $40k Civic...
    Last edited by Tofu; 23-04-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EU3
    Quote Originally Posted by 6-SpeedManual View Post
    I feel sorry for the future kids of the parent who will one day drive this fugly overpriced piece of shit. FD still beats this! thumbsUP
    Its literally just a 5 door hatch FN2R with a bastardised engine that the wife and mother in-law will approve. $35k for 108kw from a 1.8L, Honda Australia is smoking crack. Really makes u wonder what they get up to at the head office. First they build that crapcake iPhone/iTouch Honda showroom and now they bring this crap out...

Seriously just bring the FD2R over with some touch ups to 'Australian standards' and the brand will surely boost up like there was no WFC!
    "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Quote Originally Posted by wokstar88 View Post

seriously just bring the fd2r over with some touch ups to 'australian standards' and the brand will surely boost up like there was no wfc!

here! Here!!!!!!
    Vince

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    Its literally just a 5 door hatch FN2R with a bastardised engine that the wife and mother in-law will approve. $35k for 108kw from a 1.8L, Honda Australia is smoking crack. Really makes u wonder what they get up to at the head office. First they build that crapcake iPhone/iTouch Honda showroom and now they bring this crap out...
    buddy how bout you actually put your thinking cap on and understand that bringing a new vehicle into a market is a lengthy planning process, done YEARS before it even hits our shores. so you gota understand that when planning was done to bring this vehicle in, the budgeting was done during bouyant times. its not as simple as pulling the pin on a vehicle, its called honouring a commitment.

you think a business is going to cop the fluctuations in exchange rates? a business is there to make money. this vehicle is not intended to be a front line seller - heck thats what the thai sourced civics, jazzs and accords are there for. this is there to appeal to a market niche and if you cant deal with the cost then so be it, vote with your dollars and buy something you can afford.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    is this even happening anymore???

Honda always excuses the exchange rate which sadly many people believe it. If the exchange rate is so bad why Subaru or Mazda does not jack up price as much as Honda does? I think Honda jacks up the price to maintain the higher profit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    Quote Originally Posted by DON View Post
    Honda always excuses the exchange rate which sadly many people believe it. If the exchange rate is so bad why Subaru or Mazda does not jack up price as much as Honda does? I think Honda jacks up the price to maintain the higher profit.
    Man I love how you just assume shiz.

How about their parent companies in Japan are SUBSIDISING their local operations here in Australia, and therefore can afford NOT TO raise the prices on their vehicles.

Just because Honda Australia is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Co Japan, it doesn't have the luxury of the other Jap importers here in Australia, and consequently must stand on its own two feet.

Do some research before you start making such stupid ass comments on something you obviously know shiz all about.
    Last edited by pkn; 18-05-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EU3
    Quote Originally Posted by pkn View Post
    Man I love how you just assume shiz.

How about their parent companies in Japan are SUBSIDISING their local operations here in Australia, and therefore can afford NOT TO raise the prices on their vehicles.

Just because Honda Australia is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Co Japan, it doesn't have the luxury of the other Jap importers here in Australia, and consequently must stand on its own two feet.

Do some research before you start making such stupid ass comments on something you obviously know shiz all about.
    They must obey the mother ship.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"