LPG conversion for CR-V

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone here can give me some advise on LPG conversion for a 2003 CR-V.

Has anyone gone this path, what are the pros and cons and any recommendations on LPG kits, installation dealers in Melbourne would be a great help.

Hope to get your valuable feedback!

cheers
    Yaeh

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    i always advise against gas. there are a lot of dodgy installers out and if installed wrong can do damage to your car i work for a ford dealership and ive seen a few blown computers from gas installations. im currently working on a car that ran the car only on gas and never used the fuel side. all the fuel side rusted out ending up in costly repairs. gas maybe cheaper to purchase but they dont tell you you use twice as much and it doesnt get you as far. i mean if you can find a good and reliable installer it may provide you years of good service. im just not a big fan of it

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    no dont do it, it'll f*ck your engine in no time

honda does not recommend lpg conversions for ANY of it's vehicles
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Hi All,

Because of the increasing petrol prices I've been thinking about installing LPG in my Honda CR-V.

I'm wondering if anyone here has installed LPG in a Honda vehicle, more specifically 2003 CR-V.

Australian LPG Warehouse has an LPG kit designed for CR-V:
    http://www.australianlpgwarehouse.com.au/news.htm

-Has anyone used this kit in any of their vehicles.
    -What has been their experience.
    -What are the pros and cons (I've heard that Honda advises against installing LPG in their vehicles)
    -Recommendations on LPG kits, installations (Vapour injected?)
    -Recommended LPG conversion dealers in Melbourne (South East region).

Hope to get your valuable feedback!

cheers
    Yaeh

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Honda who designs, builds, warrants and services the CRV recommend AGAINST fitting LPG to ANY of it's vehicles.

....the link you provided on the other hand isn't even spelled correctly

03.08.07 ALPW develop a great certified kit for the Honda CRV

The Australian LPG Warehouse has developed a great new kit for the Honda CRV. This kit passed Euro 4 testing meaning it will cover from years 2001 to 2007. Our kits excell from our compediters and this is no exception. It comes with EVERYTHING that is required for a complete solution. Read more
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    Honda who designs, builds, warrants and services the CRV recommend AGAINST fitting LPG to ANY of it's vehicles.

....the link you provided on the other hand isn't even spelled correctly
    Hi panda[cRx]

Do you've any evidence (document, email, web link etc) of where Honda has advised against installing LPG in their vehicles. This will be extremely helpful. Thanks Y

I was thinking of getting a 1999 Legend and converting to gas, thinking about going luxury, but worried that even though I only drive 11mins to work each day, would still add up any time I want to drive anywhere else, is it true about Honda saying DONT use LPG in their cars?
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    its not just that honda dont recommend it. its just asking for problems. i work at a dealership and see problems all the time related to aftermarket gas conversions. if you want good fuel economy buy a car that doesnt suck fuel. most guys who do conversions only do half of whats really required. a gas only car has higher compression different head work a whole bunch of stuff. we get a car that had 3 computers in it because the gas conversion keeps frying it. from memory a computer is around $1100 for the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V

maybe Diesel?

Unfortunately Honda doesn't make diesel cr-v in AU, but in UK they do... Consumption of diesel on average is 5.5 ltr.

Honda Diesel review

I was thinking to import one, or maybe just import the engine and do the conversion. Definitely will be much more expensive then go to LPG, but i reckon in long time more efficient

Any thoughts?