Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Maximworks or Lovefab Headers?

hey all what do u guys rkn will be a better header for headwork + bolt ons and a hondata tune?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude Si-Vtec
    I'd say Lovefab only because I haven't heard of maximworks or seen there quality or a dyno graph on a prelude.
    Feel free to give me reputation if you feel I have helped

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    What are the pipe diameters of each?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 vti-r integra
    ive never heard of lovefab
    Representing the pre-facelift dc2's

Member Array
    Car:
    BADHBT no 2 ?
    i would go lovefab as they are made to order, i use to rock it in my H22 days
    Working on other peoples Cars

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    What are the pipe diameters of each?
    im not sure bout the lovefabs since their custom but i do know theyve got a 2.5" collector not much help there... also not sure bout the maximworks either

ok just got this from my source the diametres of the pipes for the maximworks headers are the following:

"The diameters of the pipes are 45mm-->50.8mm-->60.5mm 4-->2-->1 system.."

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    They are big. That works out to be 1.75" > 2" > 2.5". What bolt ons do you have? If you have the standard manifold you won't see much more gain over a smaller set of headers.

As a refernce on the Hi-Comp drag car the car made no more power with the custom headers of 1.75" > 1.875" > 3" over the standard headers with 2.5" exhaust with stock inlet manifold and ported head. But when we fitted the quads the difference was 13kw to the bigger custom headers and it made more power everywhere and made more for longer.

It sounds like you have a similar setup apart from the quads so that should give you some idea.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    They are big. That works out to be 1.75" > 2" > 2.5". What bolt ons do you have? If you have the standard manifold you won't see much more gain over a smaller set of headers.

As a refernce on the Hi-Comp drag car the car made no more power with the custom headers of 1.75" > 1.875" > 3" over the standard headers with 2.5" exhaust with stock inlet manifold and ported head. But when we fitted the quads the difference was 13kw to the bigger custom headers and it made more power everywhere and made more for longer.

It sounds like you have a similar setup apart from the quads so that should give you some idea.
    aem v2 intake, hi flow cat, 2.5" catback, headers next obviously then stage 2 bc headwork and hondata tune, thinkin bout a euro r or skunk2 IM but was told stock 1s would be good enough for my setup

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude Si-Vtec
    If you end up wanting to put a skunk2 IM on, I have one I'm gonna sell. I was gonna use it but decided not to.
    Feel free to give me reputation if you feel I have helped

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Further to what I posted above Joe's car made 145kwatw at 8,300rpm. And over 3,200Nm of tractive effort. Thats with a 4.7FD.

Send me a PM and I'll discuss it further with you if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpec3 View Post
    If you end up wanting to put a skunk2 IM on, I have one I'm gonna sell. I was gonna use it but decided not to.
    yeh i saw on ur sig on PA :P getting some opinions of it atm, mitch's got em and said their crap compared to the stock 1s but we'll see once he goes for his 2nd tune