Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    i don't care how many mods you have, if your parts are not designed properly to work with each other, then you are going to get bad results. Then on top of that , you need a good tuner.
    That is so true. As I mentioned previously in this thread the Hi-Comp Civic now makes 145kwatw. With the open exhaust yesterday at Compak Attak it smashed its PB by 2/10ths and ran 3mph quicker ONLY changing the standard manifold for the quads. Of course it had to be retuned due to the massive flow difference between the standard manifold and the quads.

13kwatw, 2/10ths, 3mph difference on an 11sec car, thats a big gain. Big intake (the quads) and good flowing head requires big pipes. In this case everything is now matched bigger than OEM. I still say the OEM manifold is a problem if you're chasing power. Power figures and on track performances don't lie.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    umm.. yeah.. its a track car. Lol ITBS will beat any manifold setup hands down but to realy clear up what im trying to say the Skunk2 IM WILL make more top end power as thats what its designed to do if you noticed in my posts Im talking about street usable torque and response if I ran a feather weight civic i wouldnt care about torque! Argh lets just stop this discussion lol i keep getting confused looking at the thread title as were going on about intakes! p.s I started my quads over the weekend! after I get back from europe ill get them finished n post em up... trying a few things different that you havnt seen b4 :-)
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    I will almost guarantee you that our car makes more torque than yours across a wider rev range.

The point of what I was saying is that big headers are not necessary unless you have mods that require them. Again, matching components is the key.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    I will almost guarantee you that our car makes more torque than yours across a wider rev range.

The point of what I was saying is that big headers are not necessary unless you have mods that require them. Again, matching components is the key.
    Like Iv said if the theory that shorter fatter runners make MORE torque in the low to midrange ill give you my car... If you knew how IMs are designed you would understand... My car has MATCHING COMPONENTS omg... I have high comp I have cams I have headers I have a CAI I have a valve jobed head I have a completely free flowing exhaust and a Hondata s200 I know what im friken talking about and Iv driven my car from stock till know and I know how they design intake manifolds and how they are tuned DO SOME RESEARCH about why Runners in a skunk2 manifold are 234mm long and why OEM are 275/310mm long depending on butterfly open/shut... learn why turbo cars/TOP END NA cars use short n fat runners on there manifolds and I CAN GUARENTEE you skunk2s make less torque in the lower half of the rev range for the purpose that they were designed for higher horse power above 4grand. Skunk2s dynos obviously will read that they are gods gift and with all due respect the numbers from Dr Drifts dyno are all over the shop and not in just the case of 94vtir's plots.
    If you can get a dyno done at Bel garage I can compare to that as Dave tunes there race cars.
    read all these and you might come around. All it is is Physics.
    http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/.../ramtheory.htm
    http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=466
    http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/Helmholtz.html
    http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Arti...d_to_wild.aspx
    Last edited by Mitchman; 23-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post

BIG TUBE headers work on stock motors. We have done some testing with some small and big tube tri-y designs and we got some really interesting numbers.