Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    From our experience the standard manifold will flow up to 130kwatw. Over that it can't flow enough air over 7,000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    From our experience the standard manifold will flow up to 130kwatw. Over that it can't flow enough air over 7,000rpm.
    ahh ok, rooster have u experienced the euro r vs skunk2 IM? if so what r ur thoughts

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Short answer, no I haven't.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude Si-Vtec
    Quote Originally Posted by SXC-84K View Post
    yeh i saw on ur sig on PA :P getting some opinions of it atm, mitch's got em and said their crap compared to the stock 1s but we'll see once he goes for his 2nd tune
    yeah righto. he's the only one to say that, that I've read anyway. If you want it, just let me know. .
    Feel free to give me reputation if you feel I have helped

Quote Originally Posted by JSpec3 View Post
    yeah righto. he's the only one to say that, that I've read anyway. If you want it, just let me know. .
    dw mate once i get my sussy and coilovers IM is next so if u still got it then ill get it off u if i dont get the euro r

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude Si-Vtec
    yup cool.
    Feel free to give me reputation if you feel I have helped

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    STD manifold can flow way past that much power dude. euro R manifolds arent that much larger nor have runners that are much shorter and larger ID and Jun pulled 240whp from that. Im taking my Skunk2 IM off (runner lengths are just wrong for NA to keep any perfeormance below 5k rpm) for my standard manifold port matched to my new 65mm (was a skunk2 68mm) TB until I finish my ITBS. I also am Running lovefab headers www.lovefab.com they make chunky headers and turbo systems for all hondas inc NSX's

Maximworks headers are the exact same as mugen.. as they make the mugen header lol for the price its a no way from me. as SMSP destroy these performance wise with a complete build.
    Buddy club stage 2 cams.... well as it is right now Buddyclub australia dont even know the specs for this cam but I dont think youl be running even stage 1 cams lol as stage 1 cam is equivelant to a crower stage 3 Zu tells me lol they are a race only type cam from 2 up. we're talking over 13mm lift haha
    Last edited by Mitchman; 13-05-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    Further to what I posted above Joe's car made 145kwatw at 8,300rpm. And over 3,200Nm of tractive effort. Thats with a 4.7FD.

Send me a PM and I'll discuss it further with you if you like.
    dam I want a mfactory gear! lol
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    No need for mfactory, OBX dude. That's what Joe runs. And they are cheap.

As for the power, well the stock manifold on his engine with only head porting and a head shave made no more power with big headers or small. When we changed to the throttle bodies the difference was 13kwatw as I mentioned. It might make power past there but its not really doing you any favours. A ported stock manifold, ie runners and throttle body area, and 72-80mm throttle body may be the answer but why waste the money. I'd just go to something bigger that will leave more headroom for further mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    didnt know OBX made FD's!!! set!. My skunk2 is a big let down as they did jack all research on it and the runner diameter and lengths are great up high but leave the lower range so laggy and slow down airspeed Std manifold has ram effect in around 5-6k the skunk 2 is just about at redline which is great for a turbo or drag car. 68mm is huge and we've found it to just add to the laggy effect. 72-80mm TBs???????? for a drag car Id say ok haha but anything else that would just be silly! standard manifolds can do 150kw so my builder/ tuner says but mine will go once I can afford to finish my quads. what throttle was your friend running before he went with quads?
    Last edited by Mitchman; 13-05-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    He had standard manifold, standard throttle body with standard headers and 2.5" exhaust or open headers. That combo with ported and shaved head made 129-132kwatw depending on the day. Didn't matter what headers it made the same power. Was tuned with an EMS ecu.

It now runs 50mm TWM quad throttle bodies.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    lol nice and im sure u sold him them yeah ;-) haha yeah the standard throttle body though is a tiny 60mm at the butterfly!! the quads have 50mm each! lol nice. Yeah no matter what header or cam u run if u cant get the air volume in there fast enough u aint going to make anything and the engine will ping like a bitch
    NA WARRIOR