Sony MEX-R1 head-unit

Hi guys!
    My car (2nd hand from a dealer) came with a Sony MEX-R1 headunit when I bought it. Trouble is, I think it was originally supposed to come with a remote control that you needed to use some of its functions (thus I can not currently access some of the functions like the custom EQ). Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact the previous owner through the dealer.

Does anyone know a place where I might be able to source a remote control for this head-unit?
    Or (wishful thinking) if someone happened to sell a car with this head-unit but forgot to pass the remote control along with it, that'd be even better

Thanks!

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    try Strathfield Car Radio, they are the biggest SONY dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    My advice would be to pull it out and throw it as far as you can, you will have fun trying to get anything out of Fony...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

This unit? try your luck with strathfield.... if the remote is expensive, I would say forget about it...

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    My advice would be to pull it out and throw it as far as you can, you will have fun trying to get anything out of Fony...
    If not picky, you still can live with it... some people still play cassettes in their car

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    just get a new head unit, less hassle.

sell the sony to someone new to car audio for a few hundred bux

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    Haha touché! Normally I would stay away from sony as well (due to its bose-like reputation) but it came with the car and it performs well enough for my standards (plus it plays mp3-dvds )

Thanks for the input everyone else!
    I actually found a seller of spare parts for sony's!
    I'm not sure if i'm allowed to link to the site or give its name (free advertising?)
    The remote costs about $50 including p&h so if on the odd chance someone else is missing sony parts, just pm me for the details