Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FD2R and FD2

FD2R and FD2

OK will parts for an FD2R (yes I know not sold in Australia) fit a normal FD2 (Civic sports sold in australia)??

You can get a GruppeM air intake for an FD2R but was wondering if it will fit for the Australian delivered FD2
    Michael
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Fire Up Fire Up, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up, Here We Go Here We Go, On the Road On the Road, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    yeh it will fit dude, same engine (not spec wise). same chassis code FD2

No... the FD2 and FD2R don't share the same chasis... for example the front fenders are wider on the R... so a front bumper for example on a FD2R (genuine) will not fit a FD2. A lot of the chasis is exactly the same... but not everything. As I said.. the front is a bit wider on the FD2R.

Don't know about the engine.

So I'm not saying it won't fit..

isnt the chassis the actual frame of the car? and the fender a seperate part? eg if you crash you dont replace the chassis you would replace the fender.

does the type r front guard not bolt on?

^ sorry i prolly used the wrong terminology regarding the fender... but I know that the front bumper of the FD2R is wider than the FD2... and so you can't put a genuine FD2R bumper on a FD2 without modification... as the chasis is wider in the front (slightly).

Either way this is somewhat irrelevant as really the area in question is the engine bay.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Gruppe M intake wont fit civic sport because theres no mounting point for the air flow meter, FD2R does not use Air Flow Meter.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    ^ so is that FD2 (civic sport) and (vti model) using Air Flow?

so what do the FD2 use then? does that mean that I should use the Injen air intake?
    Michael
    Fire Up Fire Up, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up, Here We Go Here We Go, On the Road On the Road, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    the F20C and JDM K20A seems to be the last Honda engines not to use MAF.
    The new engines are all using air flow meter, for better fuel economy and lower emissions probably.

I';m still confused, does that mean that my new 08 Civic Sport does not use MAF?
    Michael

^ mkfelia, your FD2 uses MAF.

hi guyz,
    how about this one? will this fit our sport civic?
    K&N Product 69-1014TS