Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Accord Euro" Debadge question

So I checked my workshop manual cd and it looks like the badges are just stuck on. My question to those who have debadged, how did you do it?

Dont want to damage the paint trying to remove the badges. Dont want to snap the badges either as I want to give them a new home.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    tooth floss and a hair dryer.. use the hair dryer to heat up the badge for about 1-2mins then use the tooth floss to flick that bad boy out
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Thanx! Will give it a go.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    o6 Accord Euro Lux Spec
    It is very easy to remove the badges man

First thing you do is find a heat gun or a hairdryer

Then a piece of fishing wire (Approx 15cm long)

Heat the badges with the gun for about 20 seconds and then and use a sea-saw motion to slowly remove the badges.

After they are removed there will be excess adheasive used to stick on the badges in the first place.

Use a combination of the heat gun and gum or grease remover (From supercheap) and slowly remove the excess adheasive from the boot.

After it is completely gone, and by complete i mean you would not know there was a badge there in the first place, you then wash the entire car if you wish but you only need to do where the grease remover touched your paint.

DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE (H) Badge!

PM me for more details.

Before:

After:

Quote Originally Posted by Bo0o0ost View Post

DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE (H) Badge!
    Yeah, Im leavin that... it's screwed in , I'd have to get the holes filled and painted.

Thanks for the info and the pix.

Bo0o0ost your number plate cover/frames needs debranding too, to complete the clean look, unless you work for the dealership or like advertising for them.... , some metho on a cloth will do the trick.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    o6 Accord Euro Lux Spec
    LoL
    Im waiting until i finish my P's and then i will get different plate covers.
    Cbf removing my current ones because i have one of those p plate holders on the front of the car
    Goddamn p plates!
    Good for nothing!

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    lol. what i did was sunny day around noon when it was peak hotness went down and yanked the badge off slowly. that same arvo just washed and clay bar worked fine. that's the lazy way.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    lol. what i did was sunny day around noon when it was peak hotness went down and yanked the badge off slowly. that same arvo just washed and clay bar worked fine. that's the lazy way.
    save a couple of dollars on electricity bill
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    I used prepsol to get the excess glue off, just wipe on with a rag and use your nail to get it off.

So I did the debadge tonight, badges gone, excess adhesive gone... but I can still see a faint ACCORD from where the adhesive was, not sure if its because it's the original untouched paint as my dealer detailed the car a few times...

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    If you claybar your car, it should come off, i havent tried it yet.