Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    20 - electric load detector voltage high

Don't worry to much about code 20. It will not affect performance wise.
    They are usually founded in JDM and US ecu.

You can get it disabled, Pm Ecu man

well if you said you have a b18cR, you shouldnt be running a p72 ecu, Lyk CRXer mention, check your head on top of the headers to see if its p72 or pr3

it says pr3, so wat does that mean ? also i swapped the tps an tp plugs around an the same trouble codes come up .....

Quote Originally Posted by Phuong1987 View Post
    well if you said you have a b18cR, you shouldnt be running a p72 ecu, Lyk CRXer mention, check your head on top of the headers to see if its p72 or pr3

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dAzLr View Post
    it says pr3, so wat does that mean ? also i swapped the tps an tp plugs around an the same trouble codes come up .....
    The good news........u got the better engine

The bad news.........u got the wrong ECU,u need a P73 ECU.

Changing to a P73 ECU will clean up your engine running condition a little but wont solve the faults u got,unless your P72 ECU is fried(highly unlikely) but at least u'll get to try another ECU to see if that fixes the problems.

Im assuming u mean u swapped the TPS & MAP plugs around.

I still say u got simple wiring issues,all the wires from the faulty sensors run through the passenger side engine harness plugs,thats the only join in the wires apart from the plugs on either end of the harness,check all the plugs(including on the sensors & ECU plugs) for moisture or corrosion,or just bad connections.

If its not the ECU and/or the wiring then u got 3 faulty sensors u need to replace(also highly unlikely)

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    I should also mention that your P72 ECU could be chipped(slight possibility).

Take the cover off the ECU & unscrew the small circuit board on top & fold it back & post up a pic of whats inside.

oh yea im not totaly 100% sure that its a p72 ecu, how do i check to make sure its a p72 ??

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    ecu shouldn't be causing the issues you described. i'd look at getting them sensors replaced or checking if the wiring has been done correctly.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dAzLr View Post
    oh yea im not totaly 100% sure that its a p72 ecu, how do i check to make sure its a p72 ??
    Look on the side of the ECU,there will be a sticker,with the code written on it.

If that sticker is not there,there is usually another one stuck ontop of the connector plugs where the wires come out(u might have to unscrew the lid of the ECU to see this second sticker properly).

on the ecu it says:

37820-P73-003
    G8
    967-116546

so im guessing its the right ecu then ??

also where is the tdc sensor located ??

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Inisde the Distributor
    OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    hey all, cars been running real rough since putting the jdm b18c into my eg, using heaps of fuel, blowing alot of black smoke running rich no doubt, had it scaned today an got the following codes :
    Your car is no doubt running in "Limp' Mode, which is the ECUs plan B if shit hits the fan it runs everything in a fail safe way.

3 - MAP voltage low
    Either caused by a faulty sensor, dodgy wiring or could be just getting a low signal, perhaps try replaceing the o-ring that seals the sensor to the Throttlebody, could be a vacuum leak.

7 - TP voltage low
    Is interesting about this one, could be a dodgy TPS sensor, although its reading about right for idle. Check what its reading at WOT should be 5v and .05 at Idle.

8 - TDC sensor 1 no pulse
    TDC is located in the Distributor, could be a dodgy connection again. Although I have read somewhere that you can hijack the Crank angle sensor wire and use it as the signal for TDC.

20 - electric load detector voltage high
    JDM fuse box's have a built in mechanism that detects the electical load of the car and tells the engine to work harder to make more or less current.

You will have to buy a ELD, install it into the fuse box between 2 fuses. Then there are 3 wires, 1 connects to the chassis for a ground, 1 wire goes to the ECU (Plug D no16) the other connects to the PGMFI main relay in the inside fusebox.

also map voltagte on the scanner read 0.06v

TPS was 0.04v at idle

and the fuel injectors were at 8.2 ms

oh and the spark advance was at -2.3 DEG

any help ?? lol cheers
    Get a timing light and set your timing properly to the middle mark on the crank.
    OG 03' Member #429