Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

6 or 8 speakers?

how many speakers does the Euro sound system has?

Brochure said 6. but I found 2 tweeters, 2 on the front door, 2 on the rear door, and 2 on the shelf. that's 8 in total.

But I reckon honda haven't put the speakers in on the rear doors.

Your Euro got speakers in the rear doors?
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    I never even noticed the rear speaker "pods" until it was pointed out to me by a freind. To be honest I didnt actually see if there was speakers in there tho
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Yeah, there's no rear speakers in the rear pods.

It's 6 speakers (2X tweeters, 2X splits, 2X 6X9's). But I find it misleading that the tweeters are counted as speakers. Doesn't bother me too much, as I don't sit in the back seat much, but it would be nice if they added speakers there.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I was thinking of doing a mild upgrade to the system.. now I wonder if I could just add a pair of 6inch speakers to the rear door pods...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    yeah, the rear door speaker pod is empty. it is there for the Acura TSX (8 speaker system). Too bad Australian version doesn't get 8 speaker system. Neverthelles, like slugoid said, it doesn't make much difference. If you are into music, you'll upgrade them anyway.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Are they 6"x9" in the back or smaller? They look like 5" x 8"s to me. I think that it is a great OEM system, but if I upgrade, I'll be going the whole way.

Alpine's new type X speakers and subs look soooo sweet. There the ones for me. It will be a fair while though, as the sound system is the last on my list of things to do.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    So will it make a difference if I add a pair of speakers to the rear door pods?
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    More speakers doesn't mean a better sound system. Many quality setups only have front splits and a sub, so adding more speakers up front isnt likely to help out much.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    more speakers should make it louder, the more speaker surface area, the more SPL. Than again, it may not, just depends weather you use another amp or steal power from oem system.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    it also depends on the quality of the speaker, and how much power you put through them.

In my opinion, rear speakers are just for rear fill, and unless you often have rear passengers (or you are kind to your rear passengers), I wouldn't spend any money upgrading/adding rear speakers.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    when u upgrade the font splits, just chuck the oem ones in the back pods..simple...or buy some nasty ass cheap ones or some second hand ones or cheap co-axils.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    I got my car back from its major install.

The speakers are so light, such small magnets im suprised how good they sound.
    The basket on the fronts is plastic.

The rears are 6*9's and there is no speakers in the rear doors

I have however had eclipse 6.5 inch speakers fitted (with dynamat) in the back doors, and the 6*9's have been removed. There is no speakers in the back shelf at all now

The reason for this is that it provides some highs n mids for any rear passengers, without affecting the front stage as much as a set of 6*9 in the back shelf would.

rear door:
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired