Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2

FN2 after martket headunit

Hey..is there anyonw know how could i change my Head unit in my FN2R?
    have anyone tired it already?
    thx~

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Double din head unit??? PM me

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    I looked at changing the headunit too but after some research - and living with the stock head unit for a while - I got over it.

If you do want to go ahead, expect to pay a small fortune for parts - jump into UK forums as dealers there can get the parts and importantly, are more than willing to ship them to you. Holdcrofts - who also sell gear on ebay - were the ones I looked at.

Apart from the cash, be aware though, that changing to the Honda empty double DIN unit will affect the air con system. I think to get it working properly you will need to keep the original head unit and have it installed in the glovebox/boot. Pretty crap solution if you ask me.

A better option - and more costly of course - might be to also fit the air con screen that normally goes with the Europe only Sat Nav option.

Like I said, I got over it mainly because the stock unit isn't too bad - and the cost/headache of getting the double DIN done was just a bit too much.

Of course, if you are still keen, here's a link to some info to get you started:

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.ph..._the_head_unit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    I looked at changing the headunit too but after some research - and living with the stock head unit for a while - I got over it.

If you do want to go ahead, expect to pay a small fortune for parts - jump into UK forums as dealers there can get the parts and importantly, are more than willing to ship them to you. Holdcrofts - who also sell gear on ebay - were the ones I looked at.

[/url]
    Thx for the info mate

it looks too complicated for me i think i would get over it as well...LOL

So anyone know whether i could get the DVD navigation system from UK honda? would it work properly in Australia?

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by GupZ View Post
    Thx for the info mate

it looks too complicated for me i think i would get over it as well...LOL

So anyone know whether i could get the DVD navigation system from UK honda? would it work properly in Australia?

Cheers
    I know of 1 guy that has changed his headunit to the UK Satnav successfully. I want to do it too but have been quoted 4000pounds+ for the satnav stuff - not including the change of interior pieces (glovebox etc...). I have not been able to find out if the maps can be updated to Australia either.

I think the easiest/best way is to change the stock headunit. You have to keep the original connected (maybe in the glovebox) - buy the double din adaptor - maybe the Pioneer AVIC-H3 and bingo - the best compromise!

Im thinking of installing a carputer!

actually i kinda newb to this but
    i went to shop in penrith

i also ask the same thing whether i should install after market headunit

they said its not necessary, stock one is good enough

currently i got install 1 1200 watt 12"fussion sub with box and 900 watt fusion combo
    similar to this
    http://www.ryda.com.au/Fusion-PP-112...-p/pp112pk.htm
    looks like this on your car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-pHL7fSfc
    thats their recommendation, its better than my old setup 2 12"old rockford with 800 watt audio art power

they really profesional, they didnt pull any interior instrument apart during installation, no scratch, all the wiring tucked in nicely and it still keep original factory condition
    Last edited by bodaas; 27-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Well some of you might of seen my DIY on how to put the sub in off the stock head unit...
    here is my final product if you wanna see it... finished it today finally..
    im just lazy... Sounds good just enough bass for what i want..

nice diy

did you use amplifier for your front and back speaker? or only for subwoofer

mine good enough, i was thnking 2 sub, but they said one is enough
    2 more than enough. i like high bass
    i still want to install amplifier for my front and back speaker. the stock speaker , doesnt sound clear , just thumping atm
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    The amp in the boot is just a mono.
    i did have a JBL 4 channel in there before with the stock speakers amped
    it doesnt make any difference at all.
    I dont think the speakers are as bad as what people are making out.
    i dont listen to loud music so there is no need for me to upgrade but so
    far ive had no distortion or crackling noises in the speakers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 08 Type R
    There is a unit called an LC6 which connects to the stock OEM head unit. It boost the signal of the stock head unit. I had this on my Sportivo... It really made a huge difference and it has the outputs for the Amps... I was thinking of changing my sound as well.. but i got over it toooo...

i think some aftermarket speakers and AMPs running via the standard head unit would be the best value for money option. Fiddling with the euro sat/nav systems cost way too much IMO
    2008 Honda Civic Type R [FN2] K20Z4 DOHC i-VTEC @ 5,600 RPM
    *Power: 198 bhp (201 PS, 148 kW) @ 7800 rpm*Torque: 142 ft·lbf (193 N·m) @ 5600 rpm*Redline: 8200 rpm*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 08 Type R
    hey Ninjadust, did u manage to pull the door off ok?

Anyone knows if 19inch will fit comfortably on the FN2R. I dont intend to lower it anymore, just want to put 19's but i dont want it to be touching all the time...