Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Injectors n fuel reulator

Hey guys, i done a few mods to my dc2r n am looking for new injectors n
    a fuel regulator. whats best suited to a an NA dc2r thats goin to provide good
    gains without drowning it in fuel? cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    you don't gain from bigger injectors/regulator...what mods do you have?

even if you got bigger injectors and tried to reduce the pressure on the AFPR it has a certain efficient range for pressure... i can almost guarantee running around 20psi fuel pressure or less to compensate for running overly rich will stall your engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    leave stock injectors and fuel reg, and get standalone ecu........hondata or power fc and you will get performance and very minimul extra fuel consumption if its tuned properly

yeh i'll give some mod list.
    just done TB, intake manifold with gasket, I/H/E, and have bought hondata S300, waiting till next week to get it tuned at revzone. but thought this would be a worthwhile mod, as i'm waiting to do cams in another few weeks.. i thought it would give gains as more fuel is running into it?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    I’d talk to James and make sure he will tune a Hondata unit which is self supplied, have you got a quote off him yet for tuning ? James also would be the best person to advise you with regards to injectors and sizing.

nah ended up buying through him instead of ebays.. he looked after me

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Your in good hands then make sure you post your results !

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutR View Post
    yeh i'll give some mod list.
    just done TB, intake manifold with gasket, I/H/E, and have bought hondata S300, waiting till next week to get it tuned at revzone. but thought this would be a worthwhile mod, as i'm waiting to do cams in another few weeks.. i thought it would give gains as more fuel is running into it?
    if you need the bigger injectors coz your going past 85% peak duty cycle on your stock ones then do it... since you have an s300 don't bother with an afpr... afprs are bandaid fixes to A/F as well as squeezing a tad extra fuel from already taxed injectors which won't be a problem for your bigger ones.
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    if you need the bigger injectors coz your going past 85% peak duty cycle on your stock ones then do it... since you have an s300 don't bother with an afpr... afprs are bandaid fixes to A/F as well as squeezing a tad extra fuel from already taxed injectors which won't be a problem for your bigger ones.
    good advice there.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    You do realise ron,that honda runs there standard injectors to nearly 100% duty cycle.Apparently for greater accuracy at partial throttle conditions.

I thought my car had a problem when i saw 98% duty on a datalog i did,but its normal.

To the OP,im sure James will tell u your stock injectors & FPR are entirely adequate.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    You do realise ron,that honda runs there standard injectors to nearly 100% duty cycle.Apparently for greater accuracy at partial throttle conditions.

I thought my car had a problem when i saw 98% duty on a datalog i did,but its normal.

To the OP,im sure James will tell u your stock injectors & FPR are entirely adequate.
    you sure.... your car does make quite a bit of power and i'd understand 98% on yours.

coz from all accounts also the oem ecu can compensate i think it was upto a 15% increase in size which made the 310cc rc engineering injectors a 'bolt-on' mod...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    just speak to james and tell him what you want from the car and he will advise what and where to go from here...............he is a great guy and is more than welcome to chat and educate people, if only they were all willing to listen...........................