Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would also like to listen to your system
    I don't like CaraudioAustralia...
    Bunch of wankers in there, if you don't know something instead of teaching you they abuse you and laugh and shit..

I don't like CaraudioAustralia...
    I don't blame you.

Anyway guys, lets keep this on topic...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    :evil:

Banned Array
    Sound quality is all in the install !
    more than 50% of distortion is from car rattles and road noise.. =P

American gear is not always the best... nakamichi is jap isnt it?
    I know my alpine 7897 was designed in japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    The generalisations about which region a company is from are incredibly misinformed.

Simply because a company is based in the US, or a product is made in the US, doesnt suddenly mean it has a certain 'sound' to it. Nor is the quality necessarily any better.

These kinds of generalisations and mistruths are what shit me about car audio sometimes

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Please forgive the off-topic nature of this post; it may be deleted at will.

Poid; and this has always and will always be just my opinion, don't take it as gospel: I believe that products sold to a particular market are often made to suit that market. This may show itself in terms of advertising, pricing, quality, or whatever.

Cheap gear from any manufacturer will most likely always be similar, and top of the range gear from any manufacturer will most likely always be similar. Different brands, different models seem to me to have their own affinity to particular music and its reproduction. We can only be the judge of this for outrselves. Everything has its followers and supporters.

I go with what I hear, if I like it and I can afford it, then I buy it.
    Alas I can't afford much.

Lets all hold hands and sing off tune.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Redteg
    I go with what I hear, if I like it and I can afford it, then I buy it.
    exactly right

though i still dont agree with stereotyping of particular components...after all, car audio is a world-wide market, and each brand is in the same market generally speaking. So in my experiences each set of speakers has different qualities to another regardless of who the manufacturer is, where they are based or where they are made.

If you go and listen to 'american' gear you may well find something nice, but who is to say that something 'japanese' may not be better for you. Doesnt have to be a whole product line, just one product that is in your price range

So the lesson is, use your ears guys, and take no notice of where something is from. Take note of the manufacturer simply because some produce utter garbage and should be avoided, but dont get into the trap of thinking "this is focal, it must sound better than those fusions" just based on reputation :P

With Sub's you can generalise!
    How can i generalise?
    Because i hear about 5 different subs a week!
    Japanese Sub's are more electronic!
    While American Sub's have more of a thud to them!

The reason i generalise with Sub's is because i hear alot of sub's so i can!
    When you say that you can't generalise because they are all the same you may be right but my JL isn't the same as your xplode sub!
    Made differently and produce 2 different sounds!

But hey, each to there own!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    go for the full system i say! hatches are built for sound im running 2x12" fusion and amps and 6.5" splits all competion dB drag racing gear. and because its a hatch you dont get the number plate rattling like a screen door in a tornado. good luck with it