TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    it's nothing to do with kw, it will f*ck ur engine
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    I personally don't see the benefit of LPG anyway... first that big massive tank will probably or most likely take away space - and destroy some practicality - spare wheel removed, plus the fuel consumption will be even worse . As Panda[CRX] said it will bugger up the engine .

The only benefit is that you will most likely save money in costs in comparison to petrol or diesel... but I will stick to petrol and diesel vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    it's nothing to do with kw, it will f*ck ur engine
    How? Plenty of taxis last 1,000,000+km running lpg. It's a very good fuel if you can live with a performance drop. It also has a very high octane characteristics, so perhaps lpg + supercharger?

If you want to avoid the worst lpg performance drop then you'd avoid 'dual-fuel' set ups because lpg likes much higher compression ratios (or boost levels) than petrol. If you run lpg only then a good conversion includes a very substantial CR increase for max power / economy, in which case you can't run petrol as it will detonate. Dual fuel loses power / economy compared to a good lpg only system.

The only reason you'd even consider it is fuel cost, so you'd need to do a cost comparison between leaving it alone vs fitting the lpg system and how many km it would then take to break even. At the rate petrol is increasing in cost, lpg might start looking extremely attractive very soon, performance drop or not. That is if you can even get your car converted with the queues waiting to get converted only getting longer...

Quote Originally Posted by IVTECS4 View Post
    I personally don't see the benefit of LPG anyway... .
    You will...

As Panda[CRX] said it will bugger up the engine .
    How so will it "bugger up the engine"?

The only benefit is that you will most likely save money in costs in comparison to petrol or diesel...
    This is a very very compelling benefit. In case you haven't noticed petrol is getting quite expensive, but if you think it's expensive now then you're in for a very rude shock in a few years (or even earlier). Petrol may go up and down short term, but longer term there is no escaping the relentless price increases.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    There are some Australian companies doing gas conversions for the K24. Haven't seen it for the Euro yet but here is one doing the CRV

http://www.australianlpgwarehouse.com.au/CRV_Bro.pdf

If it was my car I wouldn't bother with LPG on a Honda. The fuel consumption goes up, performance is not as good and reliability of the engine becomes questionable. You will lose any engine warranty and Honda don't recommend LPG conversions. The consumption on the Euro is respectable anyway so if LPG is seriously being considered I would sell the Euro and buy something else - like an efficient diesel.

Hi,
    Some info re Gas conversion. I have successfully(so far) done LPG conversion to my last and present Accord VTiL 2.4 engine. My last car travelled about 30,000 Ks before I traded to the present car which had 23,000 Ks when I bought it. I am very pleased with the performance(The tech who fitted it was too) I am happy with the economy.I average 11.5/100 mostly around town whereas I averaged 9.5 on petrol. I am saving between $25-$30 each week at present, and have calculated i will cover the money spent in about 16 months.
    My service manager recommends that I have the valve clearances adjusted every 5,000 Ks
    KennyK

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    The payback period for LPG is quite a long time - and that's just to break even. You should also factor in extra servicing costs due to the conversion (if required like the post above - LOL!). I wouldn't do it - just pay more attention to how you drive so you use less petrol! God, it's not hard, you can get a readout of the fuel consumption rate in the LCD display in the intrument cluster.....drive so the little bars don't go so far across to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
    Hi,
    Some info re Gas conversion. I have successfully(so far) done LPG conversion to my last and present Accord VTiL 2.4 engine. My last car travelled about 30,000 Ks before I traded to the present car which had 23,000 Ks when I bought it. I am very pleased with the performance(The tech who fitted it was too) I am happy with the economy.I average 11.5/100 mostly around town whereas I averaged 9.5 on petrol. I am saving between $25-$30 each week at present, and have calculated i will cover the money spent in about 16 months.
    My service manager recommends that I have the valve clearances adjusted every 5,000 Ks
    KennyK
    wtf, you average 11.5/100 on lpg, and 9.5/100 on petrol? are you sure it's not the other way around?

even then 11.5/100 on city petrol is rediculous. changing your driving style ought to fix that.