Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    why did you reset the ecu? and how? did it at a dealer?
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

i'll get back to you about the fuel consumption, but so far it seems to have either stayed the same, or improved slightly.

i resetted the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. This is fine for manual jazz's.

on CVT, you mite need to recalibrate the cvt i think, so probably easier just to let the ECU relearn the new settings itself after a few drives.

i thought i would report back , about the fuel consumption.

the fuel consumption has improved. At around 6.6 in a vti manual with stock steelies, it has lowered a lil bit, usually around 6.8 or so.

now getting slightly more mileage per tank now also, being over 500, where as b4 it was in the mid/high 400's

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    not bad nice try mate btw what fuel u r using? ron 98 ,95 or normal unlead. as these also affecting the result.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris View Post
    i thought i would report back , about the fuel consumption.

the fuel consumption has improved. At around 6.6 in a vti manual with stock steelies, it has lowered a lil bit, usually around 6.8 or so.

now getting slightly more mileage per tank now also, being over 500, where as b4 it was in the mid/high 400's
    Hey man, can you tell me what year model Jazz you have?

As per my other post, I'm having trouble finding a K&N panel filter for an 06 VTi-S CVT..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    as for jazz there is at least 2 could be 3 type of air filter for it so it's better to take yours to reconfirm. there is long rectangular one, square one, trapezium one. open up your air box (it's easy with 4 clips) n have a look.
    yes it's very confessing esp 06 they have jap made and thai made they use different air-filter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    here ya go mate.. not cheap but about the same as a honda dealer one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-A...Q5fAccessories
    Jazz Demon 666

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    or one of these if your filter is this shape, but it should be the first one.. most are

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-S...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-A...Q5fAccessories

there is one more type but no where to find on ebay... supercheap/auto one or repco will order for you..
    Last edited by gmonkey; 13-03-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Jazz Demon 666

those above filter is not for 06 jazz.

as per my other thread, this what i used for 06 jazz

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2872

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    I see the one your on about yeh thats one wierd arse shape... had no luck looking on ebay for that one sorry, will keep looking around for ya
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    I got the trapezium shaped filter, the same as preludecris.. ordered it and it came in a day. $90..
    feels mostly the same, throttle response *may* have slightly increased. But the stock paper filter was so dirty so that could have accounted for it..

The K&N filter has more area/flow than the stock paper one as the trapezium bit of the stock filter is a plastic panel, where as the K&N is filter material for the entire filter.