Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR

Rear Camber Arm + Trailing Arm Bush

Quick Question,

I installed rear adjustable camber arms in the rear and had had my car aligned and everything was all good but the bushing on the chassis side of the mounting shat itself after around 6months.

I'm going to have to get another set but my question is, does having a semi rooted trailing arm bush cause this?

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Its just the usual wear and tear. Upgrade to the fully filled in ones...

a semi rooted or fully rooted trailing arm bush CAN advance other wear and tear in your rear suspension - such as camber , TOE etc. Get them replaced with OEM or energy solids.
    Also your handling can be adversely affected from old worn trailing arm bushes. Under braking or lift off the car can become twitchy and unsettled (real life experience from track work with 15 year old bushes)

New trailing arm bushes make an incredible difference to the way the car feels. It should be one of the first suspension mods you do on an old Honda. Mine cost USD$104 from kingmotorsports.com.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    thanks a heap fellas all i needed to know.

i have to remove them trailing arm and have those solid ones pressed in huh? i'll try solid filling them first while on the car.

too bad i can't rep any of you coz of recent ones
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    while your at it might as well change all the other bushes in the rear.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    You'd have to take off all the rear brake assembly and stuff too, yeah? ...in order to get the trailing arm out.
    FN2R

Quote Originally Posted by omgzilla View Post
    You'd have to take off all the rear brake assembly and stuff too, yeah? ...in order to get the trailing arm out.
    yup. Take it all off. disconnect the brake line , hang it up. then the handbrake line + pull it thru. Then disconnect the arm compensator (toe adjustment) and then the bush bolts x 2 . Then take off the upper+lower LCA connections and pull the arm off. Press the bearing out , press the new one it etc

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    in my civic vtir i recently put new trailing arm bushes in and i just took the the 2 17mm bolts holding the trailing arm bush out and also the 14mm bolt at the end of the trailing arm (i think its toe adjustment one .. well it had lil markings on it etc so i marked where it was bfore taking it out) and lil bolts holding the handbrake line .. unclipped the abs sensors etc .. and lowered the control arm down (wid a block of wood between chassis and control arm to hold it down then bashed the trailing arm bush out wid a hammer from the inside (under the car) hitting it left right left right lolz till it came out .. then slowly (meaning hard hard but gotta be very accurate .. and patient lolz) hammered the new trailing arm bushes bak in from the outside going evenly on top bottom left and right till it was nice n flush and where it was sposed to be, of course being very very careful of stretching or damaging the abs sensors when either hitting out old ones or putting new ones in.

One more thing is the trailing arm bushes have "lwr" or something on it and u gotta have LWR on the bottom of the trailing arm bush when going in .. i again just marked where the old one originally sat and then lined it up wid new one.

mite be a few ppl who dun agree wid me doing so but yer just thought i mite add wat i did on mine like last week and mayb itll help someone in some way lolz

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    thanks fellas...

just spent the whole night solid filling the trailing arm bushes while still on the car... what a royal pain in the arse.. i snapped my only 2 of those sealant squeezer thingies coz it was so cold and hard.

also re-installed the oem upper control arm... see how the bushes hold before i bother getting some adjustables again... what a waste :/ i guess i'll just solid fill those later too....

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    attacked it with sikaflex?
    been thinking about doing mine but it won't dry in time since its a daily driver

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    attacked it with sikaflex?
    been thinking about doing mine but it won't dry in time since its a daily driver
    yep!!! good ole Sikaflex 252.

the pain in the arse part is scrubbing the dirt off the bushings with a toothbrush and drying it then forcing the cold sika in the gaps. this whole jobs is best left on a warm saturday morning and left all weekend ready to use on Monday haha

but yeah mines DD, left it to dry while flat on the ground in its natural position... gonna give it 2 days to dry and just borrow the parents camry