Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You don't have to disconnect the brake lines, just remove the caliper.
    You don't need a press, a big hammer works just fine.

Take the arm off the car. There are maybe 12 bolts max to get it totally undone. It's very easy to align again there is no reason not to take it off completely.

If you are lowered it's a great time to clock the bushing. Just draw up a straight line onto the trailing arm following the alignment of the inner part of the bush (when on the ground at normal ride height), then you can just install the new one at the same angle.

I don't think filling it up will work very well. The bushing is meant to move in some directions and resist others.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    You don't have to disconnect the brake lines, just remove the caliper.
    You don't need a press, a big hammer works just fine.

Take the arm off the car. There are maybe 12 bolts max to get it totally undone. It's very easy to align again there is no reason not to take it off completely.

If you are lowered it's a great time to clock the bushing. Just draw up a straight line onto the trailing arm following the alignment of the inner part of the bush (when on the ground at normal ride height), then you can just install the new one at the same angle.

I don't think filling it up will work very well. The bushing is meant to move in some directions and resist others.
    Thanks mate... you made the pressing/hammering sound easy

i'll see how the sika holds up, otherwise will definitely hit up those bushes.

I only saw one set on the site, the Mugen ones, and are like ~US$120.. how much was shipping for a pair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    Thanks mate... you made the pressing/hammering sound easy

i'll see how the sika holds up, otherwise will definitely hit up those bushes.

I only saw one set on the site, the Mugen ones, and are like ~US$120.. how much was shipping for a pair?
    i recommend noltec suspension. We got a set on our car and works very well.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    i recommend noltec suspension. We got a set on our car and works very well.
    Noltec at Thornleigh?

I had a set made by them before for the SR20... the blue-ish/clear tinge? They are strong but you have to give em your mounts to fill and they do em in batches every 2 weeks... too big a downtime :/
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    you can use tink's guide to do the rear trailing arms

if the sikaflex doesn't hold up and you end up getting those mounts, let me know

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    Noltec at Thornleigh?

I had a set made by them before for the SR20... the blue-ish/clear tinge? They are strong but you have to give em your mounts to fill and they do em in batches every 2 weeks... too big a downtime :/
    NO need to give them your bushes. When i went to buy em they had it already in stock.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    NO need to give them your bushes. When i went to buy em they had it already in stock.
    Actually you can't any more, Cause they're gone...
    This isn't gospel, but I think the company was sold off & most of the equipment etc went to Nolethane & Whiteline.
    (If you can find a set of these bushes though, they're a good thing)
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Actually you can't any more, Cause they're gone...
    This isn't gospel, but I think the company was sold off & most of the equipment etc went to Nolethane & Whiteline.
    (If you can find a set of these bushes though, they're a good thing)
    They used to be @ thornleigh ? Yup gone. They do have bushes in circulation in Super cheap autos still tho.
    If anyone can find some local decent bushes like these let us all know

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    DOH.... oh wells....

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    oh wells... i know its only been a day but the sika252 is holding up well... HUGE difference!!!

twitchy-ness and random rear bouncing gone while tackling wallgrove road roundabouts spritedly for those who know it

i'll report back on how the sika held after 1 week then 1 month. If it doesn't hold over a month then i'm getting the solid bushes.

Won't be getting new rear adjustable upper control arms... held those and oem side by side and the camber length is seemingly identical, i'm on ITR springs anyway...

Thanks for all the help.. all!!! at least now i know how to remove the bushes if i need to.

since its likely you squirted it in either side and let it cure - chances are it will simply "fall out" over time. A temp. fix.

Get the bushes Ron....$50 shipped on US ebay...im getting a set and installing with a mate in the next few weeks if ya wanna come in on it for DIY fun

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    since its likely you squirted it in either side and let it cure - chances are it will simply "fall out" over time. A temp. fix.

Get the bushes Ron....$50 shipped on US ebay...im getting a set and installing with a mate in the next few weeks if ya wanna come in on it for DIY fun
    linky!!!

i like how it feels now and i know your right hahaha.. will fall out in a month