Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    ^^ linky!!
    split the shipping with ya dsp

ill wait until he gets his on thurs-fri , then order and post up links here. Its a US ebay seller.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    ill wait until he gets his on thurs-fri , then order and post up links here. Its a US ebay seller.
    either way i didn't realise it was that cheap... i'm gonna go search now

vinnY, i'll have a lookski first, will let you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

For a part that will last you years, you'd be mad to choose the energy suspension poly bushes over the OEM item. Bind city, population you. They are twice as expensive for a reason.

results speak louder than your opinion - i know 5 people personally that have them , 3 longer than a few years with track use etc. Swear by them.

Altho feel free to link us with some examples of binding !

My point is that it is blatantly obvious that HONDA know something that ENERGY SUSPENSION don't. Look at the design of the two bushes. The energy suspension bushing has no compliance in any axis except in one where it has complete compliance and the OEM has little.

Just because a filled in RTA bush "works" better than a torn as shit one, doesn't mean that it's as good as the OEM part. Any bushing design which attempts to keep it's natural state will work better than an OEM bushing with it's shaft barely connected to it's sleeve.

Logic speaks louder than anything else. Use your head!!

For an example of binding, I invite you to your own car. Take off the rear wheel, remove the rear spring assembly and move your rear suspension through it's entire range of movement and watch how the rear trailing arm centre shaft moves relative to the sleeve. Yes, it moves in ways that a solid polyeurethane will either bind, or provide an unpredictable load.

If you want to get serious about your trailing arm bushing, get a spherical with sliding shaft (like the ES). The energy suspension RTA bush will just bastardize the way the rear of your car feels.
    Last edited by string; 26-05-2008 at 10:02 PM.

I know this and know a solid bush restricts movement compared to a OEM bush. I know it restricts movement to X and Y as opposed to X, Y , Z planes.

I also only hear real world examples thru multiple driving situations and they have never "binded" - run dry of lube and squeaked alittle , but never binded or produced sudden change in suspension characteristics.

Please , as requested before find a real life example or two of "binding" - via honda-tech or whatever. Its for all our benefit

I know this and know a solid bush restricts movement compared to a OEM bush. I know it restricts movement to X and Y as opposed to X, Y , Z planes.
    The OEM bushing provides stiffness where it is meant to be stiff, and compliance where movement is required.
    The ES bushing provides little compliance everywhere except in the single axis that it requires stiffness. What do you think happens when you try to twist the centre shaft (i.e. not push/pull). BINDING. Jack up the rear of your car and draw me a side view picture of what the centre shaft does relative to the casing. If you agree that it does not stay centred the entire travel then you are agreeing that the polyeurethane is either binding or providing compliance where it shouldn't be.
    I also only hear real world examples thru multiple driving situations and they have never "binded" - run dry of lube and squeaked alittle , but never binded or produced sudden change in suspension characteristics.
    Are these the same people who swear by it? How do they know their bushings aren't binding? How do they know that their RTA bush isn't binding causing unnatural deflection in other rear bushings to compensate for the lack of compliance where needed. There is no hard and fast rule that says a binding bushing will cause instant 360 spins. Everything makes a subtle difference, and steering feel and the linearity of it's response is where the OEM bushing shines.
    Please , as requested before find a real life example or two of "binding" - via honda-tech or whatever. Its for all our benefit
    See above.

No point arguing stating the same things over ~ let me reword if it pleases.

I have friends that are mechanically minded (track cars often and DIY with cars) and have had no issues with them over years of useage.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    string.. i understand your logic with the binding as 'bushes' after all are supposed to flex to a certain degree, for example the front fork balljoints.

but why would energy suspension create the hyperflex master bushing kit? i've wanted this kit for years on every car i've had but could not afford installation.. through those years of reading and research i have never come across any negatives or failures.
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

negatives = causes vibration to be transferred thru into the cabin. Reduced ride comfort.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    negatives = causes vibration to be transferred thru into the cabin. Reduced ride comfort.
    except that as most will get it from solid engine mounts first anyway.

i mean detrimental effects of solid suspension bushings all around (hyperflex kit) keeping in mind the current binding topic.