Thread: ECU pinout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2

ECU pinout

Hi, I have a Integra Vti-R DC2 and would like to get the ecu pinout. I'm going to try and recalibrate my speedo with the jaycar speedo corrector. hopefully it works. Just really need to know which pinout on the ecu is the speedo/vss wire.

cheers

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 28-05-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    What u'll find is u have to install the corrector unit before the speedo input,so unfortunately ECU pinouts are no good to u.

What year model is your car,that will determine whether it is OBD1 or OBD2?
    '94-'95 = generally OBD1
    '96+ = generally OBD2

The easiest way for u to attack the install is to place the unit behind your gauge cluster in your dash.All the wiring u need is there:

Yellow wire = power +12V
    Black wire = ground
    Orange wire = speedo signal wire(cut this & place both ends in unit)

Placing the unit there will give u access to recalibrating your speedo,but it will not recalibrate the speed signal to the ECU.Recalibrating the speed signal to the ECU is not that crucial so no real need to do it(unless u got things like RSM's etc hanging off your ECU wiring).

To be able to recalibrate the speedo & the signal to the ECU both at once,unfortunately the wires join hidden up nice & deep under your dash,to gain access there is a pain in the arse.
    Your better off finding the orange wire at the drivers side shock tower plugs in the engine bay & cutting into it there,maybe even installing the corrector unit in the engine bay & sourcing your power & ground there as well to save running wires back thru the firewall.

If you cant find an orange wire then have a look at the pic below to determine what colour your speed signal wire is.

Btw if u want pinouts for the ECU &/or a good insight into how your speedo works then read the link ECU-MAN posted.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    cheers guys, I was thinking about it last night and yeah your right about the ecu pinouts, they won't be useful to me. I'll probably try and find the signal wire in the engine bay. I''ll do a write up on it when I do it, unless I take it the easy way out and get someone else to do it.