Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AWD Yum Cha Trolley
    i wish i had the m00lah for any of those...

i'll take donations tho.

nah, just a little subie NA. still quicker then Aaron round winton tho :P:P:P

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Great thread - sounds like SS is the way to go for the street

Interesting tho - none of you guys mentioned changing/replacing new control arms, bushes, end links, ball joints etc etc did any of you guys change these parts before fitting coilovers?

Only because I've been recommended to do these changes first if you're really to see the 'full' benefits of fitting new coilovers... which might be why some of you guys are getting mixed results...?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    SS is made in Taiwan, flex is made in japan, you can use the edfc with the flex, not with the SS. Flex is constructed better than SS

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    you can use the edfc with the flex, not with the SS.
    You are wrong there. EDFC can be used with the SS.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Yep, SS are EDFC compatible... SS parts are made in Japan, 'assembled' in Taiwan. I would consider the monoflex but have to compromise on some things and SS probably suit my application best...

Anyone have experience on Tein basic coilovers - is the ride too 'OEM' so to speak?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Tein super racing
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    I'm not after Tein super racing. I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any experience with Tein basic coilovers and what the ride is like on them?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Super Streets are more then adequate for the streets and some track work. Regardless of what people say, SS's are not too bad for the track, but if you get a bit track serious, then monoflex's as a minimum..
    I was using SS's for the better part of 3 years, and did quite well on the track with them. They are a bit on the bouncy side, but a lot better then OEM.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Yep, SS are EDFC compatible... SS parts are made in Japan, 'assembled' in Taiwan. I would consider the monoflex but have to compromise on some things and SS probably suit my application best...

Anyone have experience on Tein basic coilovers - is the ride too 'OEM' so to speak?
    Do we need to buy anything extra to use edfc? i heard something like upper mount?
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    Super Streets are more then adequate for the streets and some track work. Regardless of what people say, SS's are not too bad for the track, but if you get a bit track serious, then monoflex's as a minimum..
    I was using SS's for the better part of 3 years, and did quite well on the track with them. They are a bit on the bouncy side, but a lot better then OEM.
    Thanks SpoonS - good feedback +1 rep 'cause I've heard some guys talk about SS not being hard enough etc etc, but it sounds like they are a good compromise for daily street use and occasionaly track day too

Do you think it's worth going for the cheaper basic Tein coliover if I didn't want to spend too much?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by TurBIce View Post
    Do we need to buy anything extra to use edfc? i heard something like upper mount?
    I'm not 100% sure to tell you the truth... I just read from a few sources SS are EDFC compatible... i know you can order SS with or without the pillowmounts - not sure if it has to do with EDFC tho - I thought pillowmounts had to do with allowing camber adjustment on the front (i could be wrong)?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    I'm not 100% sure to tell you the truth... I just read from a few sources SS are EDFC compatible... i know you can order SS with or without the pillowmounts - not sure if it has to do with EDFC tho - I thought pillowmounts had to do with allowing camber adjustment on the front (i could be wrong)?
    on EG , EK , DC2 , EF , DA
    The camber adjustment is not from your front top mounts. You need to run Camber kit even when you got pillow ball mounts or not
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com