Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by jugbugz View Post
    I'm selling my Tein Monoflex for EK9. They are too bumpy even at the softest settings for me on the street. But the handling is like a go kart. I've opted to go back to TEIN SS since I had these since NEW for about 3000kms and sold them for the NEW Monoflex. Now... I've had the monoflex for 3000kms and have ordered brand new SS with upper mounts and EDFC. SS is really good for replacing your Stock Suspension. They are slightly stiffer than the Stock Type R except you can make them more stiffer ofcourse.

I recommend SS for the Street and Monoflex for the track. The Flex is just only 1kg less in spring rate with the monoflex except mono ofcourse is mono tube which is much better for the track.
    Exactly the same situation as me. I tried monoflex =too stiff for daily..now Im using CUSCO ZERO 2 big thumb up

I think MonoFlex is so cushy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by jugbugz View Post
    I'm selling my Tein Monoflex for EK9. They are too bumpy even at the softest settings for me on the street. But the handling is like a go kart. I've opted to go back to TEIN SS since I had these since NEW for about 3000kms and sold them for the NEW Monoflex. Now... I've had the monoflex for 3000kms and have ordered brand new SS with upper mounts and EDFC. SS is really good for replacing your Stock Suspension. They are slightly stiffer than the Stock Type R except you can make them more stiffer ofcourse.

I recommend SS for the Street and Monoflex for the track. The Flex is just only 1kg less in spring rate with the monoflex except mono ofcourse is mono tube which is much better for the track.
    Tein SS don't have height travel adjustment which means when you lower Tein SS you're losing shock travel. I forgot the actual term to use here. This is the only reason I won't consider SS. Are MonoFlex THAT harsh? I can't imagine they are unbearable on lowest setting.

Buddy Club Race Spec is harsh, but they have bad reviews on ht, so I think I'll staying away. Cusco Zero2 is always good and probably gonna be my best choice.
    Last edited by shebangs; 02-07-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    SS does have damper adjustment. Monoflex is comfier than my Flex. Depends on what they expect from coils.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    what are the spring rates on SS anyway?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JamB View Post
    what are the spring rates on SS anyway?
    8kg/mm front, 4kg/mm rear for DC2R, JDM SS.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    My tein Flex's (on my 5th gen lude) are a great shock but imo are to soft and I spent a LONG TIME testing preload, damping, front n rear bias etc... I've tightened the rears preload up but I still have to much roll.. it dives hard into corners.... even with my sway bar on medium, comfort wise they are great but Im going up to a hevier spring.
    n for peoples knowledge to rid understeer and create oversteer you tighten the rear up more than the front..
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    SS= supershit.

Go for flex.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i agree running tein monoflex on my euro bloody bumpy as but then sometimes it feels too soft.

would it be ideal to preload your springs?
    and if so whats the most comfy setting slightly looser springs?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    whats the difference between type flex n monoflex?

Member Array
    Car:
    AWD Yum Cha Trolley
    flex is softer spring rates and valved different to the mono.

all comes down to what you want. you want track then mono > flex > SS

you want street, it's the other way round.

it's like asking yourself "i have a ton of bricks to move, do i use a NSX or my ute?"

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    i agree running tein monoflex on my euro bloody bumpy as but then sometimes it feels too soft.

would it be ideal to preload your springs?
    and if so whats the most comfy setting slightly looser springs?
    Set your preload based on the preload in the installation manual. It tells you to measure the height of the lower perch and set it to factory spec, and then after that you adjust height based on the lower mount.