Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It does keep your IM cleaner.Normal street use it's only minimal but I would rather catch that crap in the catch can and keep my IM clean.I know if you track the car it catches a fair bit.I did take it out at one point cause I thought it wasn't worth having it in but I cleaned my IM and saw the oil in there and was like a clean IM is good

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by itr_112 View Post
    Isnt this catch can hooked up wrong?

Nope, that one is fine because he has more than 2 hose connections compared to the normal 2 per can.

On a standard car the PCV is connected to the IM to prevent blow by gases from being released into the atmosphere.

You usually put a catch can in between this to collect the oil / gases from being sucked back into the engine.

Also by hooking it to the rocker cover it will help release pressure and possible collect more gas as well.

But if you have the standard cusco catch can with 2 hose connections you want to set it up like this.

PCV ====> CATCH CAN ====> IM.

B18C's there is a stock Black box which acts similar to a catch can, usually you would remove this out

Not too sure about other engines.
    Last edited by Chi; 31-05-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Would U replace the black box with a catch can or what would U do once you have removed the black box Chi?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    You replace it with the catch can.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    My car is a 96 EK1 Civic d16y4.I have the Cusco catch can also.I drilled 2 holes in the firewall then mounted the Catch can.Bought some hose.It runs from yellow to yellow and green to green.Where the hose goes through the Intake Manifold it connects onto the PCV valve.
    The stock set up has the hose connected from the PCV to the IM,so you have to get ya hand down under the IM and puul the old hose off and connect the new hose,then run that to the Catch can.The other hose from the Catch can to the IM:

We gots da same engine me and U Frankie! give me a PM anytime,about anything

Might be a dumb question but how did u go about drilling the firewall. did u take your dash off to check if there was anything behind where you drilled and to get the bolts in. or did u just use self tapping screws and screw into the firewall.

I need to re-mount my oil catch can (used to be mounted to the battery tray but now my battery is in the boot so want to get rid of the tray as well) but can't be bothered taking my dash off to look behind the firewall. and am too worried to just screw into it, incase i hit a wire or something...
    Last edited by DNYALL; 31-05-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I just drilled away! haha never even thought about it until now
    I used screws.What do other people say about drilling into the firewall? Ya got me thinking maybe that's why my stereo decides to cut out from time to time.I don't know though.
    What are the advantages of putting the battery in the boot? I know a lot of people do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    I just drilled away! haha never even thought about it until now
    I used screws.What do other people say about drilling into the firewall? Ya got me thinking maybe that's why my stereo decides to cut out from time to time.I don't know though.
    What are the advantages of putting the battery in the boot? I know a lot of people do it.

i say the reason the reason is so that they can have more room in the engine bay to add things like the catch can

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah and weight distribution.Just wondering if there's any other advantages.I thought about it and I've drilled about 10 holes in the firewall.I doubt that my stereo problem is because of this though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    Yeah and weight distribution.Just wondering if there's any other advantages.I thought about it and I've drilled about 10 holes in the firewall.I doubt that my stereo problem is because of this though.
    maybe it is the wiring at the back of the deck isnt in tight enough or the deck is rubbish what brand ya got

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    JVC:

That could well be it,dodgy/loose wiring at the back.I have taken it in and out a bit

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    JVC:

That could well be it,dodgy/loose wiring at the back.I have taken it in and out a bit
    JVC man not very good brand there very poor quality lol my mate has one in his mums car and its sh*t.... i advise you get a pionner it will fix the problem...