Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I concur with yfin, it looks great, seems to have all the things you want in a car. the boot in the std euro looks ugly though with the raised floor.

just to add, luxury with navi is $42,990 + ORC. Tyre size on luxury is 235/45R18 and std is 225/50R17. A-pillar is smaller so increased visibility.

Oh and I thought the VTEC point is 5,400 rpm not 5,300rpm?
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77 View Post
    Oh and I thought the VTEC point is 5,400 rpm not 5,300rpm?
    Not sure - it was one of the two. Sure is better than 6000rpm.

How good is that instrument cluster? Very nice.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    it is very nice. i love the interior, and i'm sure the exterior will pretty much grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good from outside, just takes time to get used to it.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    Man the car was absolutely stunning... I loved both the euro standard and luxury variants... I rocked up there early , yfin and euro77 did you guys go there as well?

The new Euro has a cramped(comparing to the CL9) engine bay and it had bigger rear brakes and the front had 2 pot calipers... the fuel tank lid was smart as well - just push it and it pops out and while it is stationary of course.

the 5 speed auto has some pretty cool features like shift hold and the ability to use the paddles to knock back a gear to compliment the speed limit while in Drive and the computer's nifty feature sensing the transmission's mode - eg if sequential is not needed then it will go back to drive etc... ah anyway yfin and euro77 had already explained it.
    Last edited by IVTECS4; 19-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by IVTECS4 View Post

the 5 speed auto has some pretty cool features like shift hold etc... ah anyway yfin and euro77 had already explained it.
    Nah i didn't explain the auto really as it doesn't interest me so much but yeah it has paddle shifters and holds the same gear when it senses the car is cornering, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Hey UNLS1, any chance that you could post full details of the equipment for each version?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Hey UNLS1, any chance that you could post full details of the equipment for each version?
    the vehicle is being released on monday so i am sure you can download the full brochure in a few days from the honda website.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Nah i didn't explain the auto really as it doesn't interest me so much but yeah it has paddle shifters and holds the same gear when it senses the car is cornering, etc.
    You shouldn't write-off the auto too quickly; especially now that it has paddle shifters. I've owned manuals including a Laser TX3 Turbo, a Mazda GTX (turbo AWD) and an MY97 WRX and I can say that in a city, an auto is quicker point to point. I've said this before and incurred the wrath of those that wouldn't consider an auto.

I used to know one of Australia's champion drag racers when I lived in Adelaide. He held the record in his class and his car was a two speed auto! He used to say all the time that when you've only got a short distance to travel (400m), you don't have time to bother with shifting gears.

There is no doubt that something as underpowered as the Euro is useless as an auto in a drag race; but point to point real world driving is something else.
    SPQR

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    the vehicle is being released on monday so i am sure you can download the full brochure in a few days from the honda website.
    So why did you guys go to see the car tonight when you could wait 'til Monday for all to see? Probably the same reason why I would like the equipment details before Monday. I only asked UNLS1. I would accept him saying no because I asked him.

In any case, I appreciate the information that you posted before because I won't get to see the car for probably two weeks: Darwin is the last place that Honda remembers to supply cars to.
    SPQR

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    It looked pretty good, keen for a test drive this weekend

Probably looking to buy around August though

Thanks for that James
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    You shouldn't write-off the auto too quickly; especially now that it has paddle shifters. I've owned manuals including a Laser TX3 Turbo, a Mazda GTX (turbo AWD) and an MY97 WRX and I can say that in a city, an auto is quicker point to point. I've said this before and incurred the wrath of those that wouldn't consider an auto.

I used to know one of Australia's champion drag racers when I lived in Adelaide. He held the record in his class and his car was a two speed auto! He used to say all the time that when you've only got a short distance to travel (400m), you don't have time to bother with shifting gears.

There is no doubt that something as underpowered as the Euro is useless as an auto in a drag race; but point to point real world driving is something else.
    6 speed short ratio manual vs 5 speed auto is no contest in a car with such low torque. Flappy paddle shifters will not overcome the significant gearing advantage as well as the lower power at the wheels! If the new euro was a sharp and fast 6 speed auto then it may be quicker point to point - but this one is not. Think about where the majority of the power and torque is in the new euro. It is higher in the rev range rather than lower. So the 6 speed manual can find the "better" gear in more occassions to exploit the higher end (where the power and torque is) compared to a 5 speed auto with long gearing. I also expect that 2nd gear high cam vtec in the new model auto will again be over 100kph. Useless in the city...

Of course, the manual driver needs to know how to drive a manual properly...whereas the auto driver can be incompetent.
    Last edited by yfin; 20-06-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    So why did you guys go to see the car tonight when you could wait 'til Monday for all to see? Probably the same reason why I would like the equipment details before Monday. I only asked UNLS1. I would accept him saying no because I asked him.

In any case, I appreciate the information that you posted before because I won't get to see the car for probably two weeks: Darwin is the last place that Honda remembers to supply cars to.
    Well tonight's event was a sneak preview for ozhonda members whom were in melbourne and we had to tell UNLS1 - about coming along etc.. the best part about the event was having a GOOOOOOD Look at the cars themselves( in the flesh of course) and sit in em and test out various things( and comparing it to the CL9) and listen to the presentation which had in depth detail to the car itself... we also had a nifty "showbag" that came along well. So I reckon it was worthwhile going there. The turn out was big...

Cheers to James (UNLS1) for the invite.
    Last edited by IVTECS4; 19-06-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: adding more detail :)