Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Mine was a Comptech.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by jcz View Post
    I just called the Honda dealers and they quoted me $960 for a brand new one ... without installation. Day light robbery right there!!

Thx CONAN for the advice. I think i will have to go through that option too.

NCD52K how much did you buy the koyo one for and if you are willing to part with your oem one, how much do you want for it??

If i can't source one soon its going to complicate alot of things. Thx Ludecrs, would you know where i would be able to get an aftermarket one from??
    i bought mine of fly for $600 but to be honest man mine is starting to get abit fatigued and cracking abit next to the radiator cap and i wouldnt wanna sell you it just because id feel bad if it stuffed up on you

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    yea same deal with my oem one.

started to show fatigue cracks on the top tank. so i wouldnt sell it either. thats why i replaced mine

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Just replace the top tank... thats probly the best option but get your cooling system pressure tested first.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thx guys for all the input. i'll have to wait till this monday to get it checked out at a radiator place to pin point the exact problem.

since the oem one has plastic top tanks wouldn't it be better to replace it with an aftermarket full alloy one? considering the cost is going to be roughly the same. the other option would be to just repair it for now as Aus suggested. is there anything else to look out for with the s2ks considering that this was unexpected to me. thx again ...

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Also, if anyone has a spare fan shroud (goes on back of radiator and holds fans) I'm interested. Had to cut mine when I installed the SC.
    Swap ya? Each pay postage costs?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ok guys ... just got back from the mechs. they are speculating that the radiator top tank has split or has a hair-line crack which can be easily fixed. they are also saying that this may not be all as there was a noticeable leak coming from the right hand corner dripping constantly overflowing the drip tray. their advice was to leave it with them and the rough costs would be 300 - 500 to take the radiator out and fixed. if a new one is needed, that would be additional costs. what do you guys think? should i just go for an aftermarket one and get it installed? or stick with an oem one?? i think the mechs are dodgy with the quote as someone has offered to fix it for me with a second hand radiator for 330 all up include flush and fill

S2Krazy Array
    I checked today for ya, a new one would be ~$550.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thx ludecrs ... someone on ozhonda pmed me in regards to the radiator. he found a second hand one and helped me put it in all up $330 which i find is pretty reasonable. so now ... just gotta wait and see if the other one keeps up. otherwise ... koyo it is. haha ...

i'm gonna get the old radiator checked out to see what was wrong with it, for future reference. but thx alot guys for all the pointers and help, was clueless in regards to the top tank splitting.