Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9

Re001 june sale at BTC

just got a bridgestone tyre centre insert in this weekend's paper, not sure if it's nationwide or just WA but I would think it's a nationwide june sale.

they are selling the 195/50R15 RE001 for $119, with $7.50 a tyre cashback for RAC members and you get a free gift for a set of 4 premium tyres ie walkie takie or mp3 player.

not sure if they still made in jp or aust made now, but at such price you can pay a lot more elsewhere and end up with a much worse tyre!

I'm getting a set while this deal it's on to replace my soon to be one year old set on my EG.

Interestingly, thats the price I got my RE001, 205/50R15 a couple of months back. Fitted and balanced, and that wasn't on sale....
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    that's a great deal indeed e240, enquired the same 205/50R15 earlier thru Bob Jane and BTC here in Perth and got quited $175-185 and trying to get another $10 off it's like extracting tooth already. Looks like I need to buy my next set of tyres from your local tyre shop and get them sent over to Perth, even after $100 freight and another $50-60 fitting and bal i'll still be ahead. And btw was your new set of re001 made in Aust or Jp?

what amazes me it's that there could be 30%, 40% or more price variance with the same tyre chain at the same time as other members show from their posted quoted prices on the tyre rec thread; and the tyre shops insist they make very little $.

bought a pair of 195/60R14 GIII for my old 325i the other day, cost $129 fitted at bob jane after a bit of haggling. Some shops quoted me as high as $165.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    would u rate these tyres highly? like ive heard alot about them that they r good and all. like as good as re01r? or re55 i think they are called?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    i like them.. very grippy =] wtfzors 119 a corner!
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    would u rate these tyres highly? like ive heard alot about them that they r good and all. like as good as re01r? or re55 i think they are called?
    re01R is top of the line street tyre. its very soft compound and no real street tyre will come close

re001 is half of a s03 and half of a g3.. they've comvined the 2 tyres so the tyre is quite good

as for the RE55S, this is a semi slick.. takes a while to warm up but once it does, its pretty awesome..

you'd be paying in excess of 250 per corner on re01R and re55S as compared to re001 for less than half price
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    119 for 195 50 15

wat about friggin ppl that dont have 15inch wheels???

cant imagine the prices for the low profile, small width tyres
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    ah ic...
    i think i mean re50? the street tyre?

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    now i dunno which tyre to go for ... this one so cheap .. i was planning on going S drive but i mite change my mind now lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    stay away from the S drive, got a set fitted in 195/55R15 for our dc2r, highly dissappointing given a premium tyre from Yokohmama ( came dead last in EVO mag tyre test just year, wish the tyre test came out b4 the purchase); even the GIII is a few notches above it. Re001 streets ahead.

only good thing about them is the quietness, good ride and less rolling resistance than most tyres in the same category.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    oh daym lol i mite go for Re001 since it is on special atm, when does this special end ?