Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    yeah definately fitted and balanced, and an extra $7.50 off with you have a RACV membership card. They might well charge for disposal of your old tyres at $1.50-2.50 each though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo7
    LOL...i want my old tires. Still can sell them, still have about 50 to 60% meat left. They are bridgestone G3s and RE010.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    you're right.

Just noticed the aussie flag next to the price tag of all the re001 in the btc june specials catalog bar the 245/45R18 size so looks like they are getting the whole line up manufactured locally bar the exotic sizes for now.

Will get a set myself anyhow and let you guys knows if there is any discernable differences in terms of finishing/quality control compared to the japanese made re001.
    would the price of 195/55r15 and 195/50r15 differ by much?
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by vteccoupe View Post
    would the price of 195/55r15 and 195/50r15 differ by much?
    probably, i was quoted 130-140ish for 195/50r15 but it went up 2 160 for 195/55r15

word of advice, go the 195/55. the 50 has a lower load rating. check your car and see what the factory recommendations are.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    i got quoted 180 per corner on 205/50R15 but if i were to go 195/50R15 it woulda been 110 or so .. cos the size i wanted wasnt on special and 180 is best they could do cos it wasnt a common size and they havta order it

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    i got quoted 180 per corner on 205/50R15 but if i were to go 195/50R15 it woulda been 110 or so .. cos the size i wanted wasnt on special and 180 is best they could do cos it wasnt a common size and they havta order it
    would expect to pay $180-200 at a BTC or Bob Jane here in Perth, but e240 got his 205/50R15 from Hornsby BTC for $120 or so when it wasnt on special so it might be worth you buying a set and freight it to Melbourne and fit locally. $60 a tyre big diff, assuming they sell the tyres to you at that price.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    yer it is quite a big difference, im also getting a 4 wheel alignment and the BTC im going to is the only place that has actually done it for me properly, everywhere else has either left me massive camber or steering wheel not straight etc .. this is the only place that has done it properly out of like 4-5 other places ive tried around my area. I could call up other places n ask around and probabaly get a cheaper price by ease but i asked wat the best they could do for me is (also said i got quoted from another place 180 but that was a yoko dealer) and they said they do 180 .. so im just gonna go there to save me the trouble of goin to another place to get tyres then drive there wid new tyres n get alignment i can get it all done at once.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo7
    Which BTC outlet u went for the wheel alignment?

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    rowville, i like it there, taken 2 cars there and both turned out alot better (which should be the average standard for every tyre place meaning everything is actually straight n stuff) other places ive been all had either camber or something not aligned and even if aligned, the steering wheel is not straight etc .. every tyre place that u go into for a alignment as a standard should be makin cars wheels n steering straight as rowville has for me, i just dun get y some places can give ur car bak and have a steering wheel off centre o.0
    Last edited by andiiso; 08-06-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    Interestingly, thats the price I got my RE001, 205/50R15 a couple of months back. Fitted and balanced, and that wasn't on sale....
    dude did you get a pair or all 4? And was it some type of special?
    I'm about to get a pair, but was tossing over RE001 or T1Rs
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GE '08
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    dude did you get a pair or all 4? And was it some type of special?
    I'm about to get a pair, but was tossing over RE001 or T1Rs
    same situation here man.. RE001s or T1Rs.. hard decision
    btw, the catalogue said $119 for the 195/50/15.. will it be the same for the 205/50/15?? u guyz reckn?? or slightly more xpensive??

i wont go for tis, if its $180++ i guess..

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo7
    i dont think it will be the same for 205/50/15. It should be the orignal price. Anyone here has a RACV insurance cover? Maybe we cann all arrange and go together to get the extra $$ off the discounted price as well!