Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    no such thing as "aussie made" - sll re001's are made in japan.

look on the sidewall it clearly states "made in japan".
    if you have a look at my 1st post on the 1st page of this thread, where I attached the BTC catalog page; the Aust Made sizes are denoted by the Aussie Flag.

At the moment they have brought over the moulds for most sizes from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    if you have a look at my 1st post on the 1st page of this thread, where I attached the BTC catalog page; the Aust Made sizes are denoted by the Aussie Flag.

At the moment they have brought over the moulds for most sizes from Japan.
    interesting ~ so it shows these "Cheaper" 195/50/55's are jap imports and cheaper or ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    I meant for most sizes they are now made in aust using the re001 moulds from the japan production line.

In the past Aust made Bridgestone were locally developed supercats, ancient jp designed RE88 and horrible tyres like that. Now that Bridgestone Aust is wholly owned by B/Stone Jp, they get all the latest product, works support and really sharp prices to you and me and still mantain healthy margins to their BTCs.

If they keep this up, a real headaches for tyre chains that pushes Kumho, Toyos and Yokos.

o i c. Interesting they still leave the "made in japan" part of the design.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    o i c. Interesting they still leave the "made in japan" part of the design.
    They would have to change that part of the mould to say " made in Aust " or they'll be done by the ACCC for violating country of origin regulations....That part of the mould would be modular anyway so easy mod for any factory line. Promotional materials might well show the sidewall design with made in japan on it though.

My set of 195/50R15 I bought few weeks back was made in jp, cos it's old stock. All new recent production of all popular sizes of RE001 would be made locally.