Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ

accessary battery... wat to do

guys just had a new sound system installed in ma civic. its crazy, so loud, screens and all... was at the river lasnight watching dvd and decided oh maybe i should turn the car on and give the battery a bit of a charge.

well the battery was flat and the car wouldnt start. long story short me and mates push started it...

enough about that what my question is- I want to now invest in an accessaries(spelling) battery so it runs all ma sound system... will this mean i need to re wire the power lines for the amps etc to the acessary battery or can i leave everything as is when batteries are connected up?

anyone with info about how accessory batteries work let me know

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    anyone with this kinda setup please let me know also

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GV07
    i wouldnt think u need to re-wire the system..
    get a good capacitor aswell...1 farad is enough..
    these batteries are a bit expensive..
    Stock EG---Modified Driver
    TGSII

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You need a higher capacity battery. If you want to watch DVDs with the car off while finishing the whole movie and still have enough juice to start the car, then you need a larger size than the one that your Civic is spec'd for. You'll probably also need to relocate the battery since the locatiion of the battery in your Civic has not much room for an upsize.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    yer the battery at the moment is pretty tiny. but i really dont want to have to change the location of the battery. dont want to do the wiring again!! big nightmare.

would rather throw one in the boot (under where the spare tyre goes). and because my amps is right there it would be easy to wire it up..

would a capacitor achieve this over a long time??? 3hours maybe?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    yer the battery at the moment is pretty tiny. but i really dont want to have to change the location of the battery. dont want to do the wiring again!! big nightmare.

would rather throw one in the boot (under where the spare tyre goes). and because my amps is right there it would be easy to wire it up..

would a capacitor achieve this over a long time??? 3hours maybe?
    Capacitor won't do anything for long term capacity over an hour or two. You need a higher capacity battery no matter what.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Capacitor won't do anything for long term capacity over an hour or two. You need a higher capacity battery no matter what.
    hahah damit...

ill just go invest in a secondary battery i think...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hey Paps,got any pics of ya setup?

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    bro its nothing custom or super cool like that. just 6x9's in the back, 6" mtx splits in the front tweeters stuck on the doors. and then the amp is drilled to the back of the boot. i got a big screen in the roof the comes down and a retractable pioneer in the front....

but ill take photos if you really want

To do a secondary battery, you will need to do some wiring, need a isolator thingy to regulate the charging from the alternator between the main and 2nd battery. You probably need to go for a maintenance free dry battery, install them at the boot, vent them properly and cover it properly to prevent it from being a fire hazzard.

Me, I would just go for a Optima yellow/red top and forget about adding a 2nd battery. Try not to use the system more then 10 minutes with the engine off.

Thats the main reason I dont get it, why anyone would install a DVD on the car dash, cant watch it while driving, its a distraction, cant watch it while car is not running as it will drain the battery, watch it for 2 hours with engine running, waste of fuel and might cause CO poisoning if in an enclose area.

Install a LCD for the kids at the rear is the only reason valid for me.

Forget about installing a capacitor, it will only drain your battery faster if you watch movie with the engine off.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers mate,I can envision it

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Cheers mate,I can envision it
    next time i clean her up. ill photo the car. then you can have a perve...

back on topic. lights are dimming hard when big bass notes are played so the battery is on its way out im guessing. not good (as i have no money to replace).. getting payed soon ftw

thanks all for advice.

im opting for the secondary battery trick. my mechanic/electrician uncle is going to do all the wiring so il post up how it goes!

im going to use an optima yellow/red top or similar. but ill let the dude at the battery shop decide that for me. chuck that in the boot inside where my spare tyre is(was) and all is good...