Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hope your mechanic/eletrician knows what he is doing.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    Why can't you wire the batteries up in series?

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    hope your mechanic/eletrician knows what he is doing.
    yer he has done it in his truck but for hunting spotlights instead of car amplifiers. not a hard job once he explained it to me but yer... still over my head hahah

to put my battery in series - all that will mean is that both batteries are being sucked. the setup im going to do will nominate one battery to the ICE and the other only for the car so that if my ICE battery goes dead i can still start my car...
    Last edited by paps02; 05-06-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    In series????? If you put 2 batteries in series, y ou get 24V!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

dual battery setup, like 4wd's

they run fridges and winches etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    In series????? If you put 2 batteries in series, y ou get 24V!
    lol...

should be parallel ... but there are more to that... the alt need to know when its fully charge, when its not.. or the older battery will drain the new battery and shorten the lifespan of the newer battery

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    If your light's are dimming... then it might be a good time to put a cap in.
    it sit's as a temporary charge for when your music hit's those big bass note's... then quickly re-charges when the bass note ends.... there's a whole technical aspect to it if someone out there would care to explain.
    as far as running your tv while the car is off... ya gonna need a spare battery and not run your cap at the same time.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    yer i got a basic understanding in the cooncept of capacitors.. dont really need one atm (dont have subs lol its my speakers bass that dims the ligths, its fukd i know)...

but i did the research and its pretty basic concept to wire up the second battery. basically there is a device (think they call it a "relay")that allows current from the secondary battery to only flow one way. if the second battery goes flat it will therefore not draw power from the primary and will only be charged by the alternator.

so now what i have to do is take my car apart and rewire all the power, which is good as the (insert word) from wow sight and sound thought it would be clever to throw the power cords beside the signal cords and give me some lovely distortion!!! but il save that for another thread lol

A weak battery will dim your lights too

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Caps are crap!

Optima Yellow top!

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Civic B16
    Also it not a good idea to mix batteries in a car. IE:-Optima(gel type) --Standard (acid type) as the car will charge the weaker battery first and wont fully charge the optima, There are new Batteries from PULSE the will in the standard location with a higher reserve for stereo's, I have a optima tha i have had for 3 years now and i can have the stereo running @ 3/4 volume at shows for over 4 hours and still have no worries starting.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    what optima? yellow top?