Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Civic B16
    i use the Optima Yellow Top D34 as the stereo Battery & a Pulse PHB400 as the starting battery.

Member Array
    Hey mate, the Capacitor will stop the lights dimming on the big notes - a cap in this application is sort of like a cmallish battery itself that only stores enough power to support your real battery for high current quick discharges ... like big bass notes.
    I have an Odyssey battery (same idea as the Optima) but it still goes flat rather fast.
    For a 2nd battery, you will run the 2 batteries in parrallel. I still think that you would flatten both in less than 3 hours though.
    --------------------
    Current Ride --> 1991 CRX Mobile Boom Box
    =====================
    Mid North Coast Member.
    =====================

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    not true.

the relay would stop the current being sucked from the primary battery to support the secondary battery thus seperating the batteries to do there different tasks..

think of it as a turnstile at suncorp stadium. you are the current. you go through the turnstile. it only turns one way so you cannot come back out.

anyways thats the least of my problems now. for some reason when i took out the fuse to reset my ecu the sound system now thinks my front speakers are subs... tweeters should not play bass let me tell you that much.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    it takes too mch effort to hook up ur system to one batt.
    and ur starting to another batt.

ur better off to just intall 2 batts and so wen u drive both of em gets charged therefore u will possibly have 2x the ammount of charge.
    cos atm the wiring all goes to one batt. and without knowing wat wire is wat ur like lost. and it s abig headache to find out wat goes where.

(and i just came up with an idea)
    u could install another batt in ur boot and all ur amp run off tat. as long as that batt is connected to the thing that charged the batt... i 4got wat thats called
    these are only ideas though not 100% sure wat it would produce

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by GIPONU View Post
    it takes too mch effort to hook up ur system to one batt.
    and ur starting to another batt.

ur better off to just intall 2 batts and so wen u drive both of em gets charged therefore u will possibly have 2x the ammount of charge.
    cos atm the wiring all goes to one batt. and without knowing wat wire is wat ur like lost. and it s abig headache to find out wat goes where.

(and i just came up with an idea)
    u could install another batt in ur boot and all ur amp run off tat. as long as that batt is connected to the thing that charged the batt... i 4got wat thats called
    these are only ideas though not 100% sure wat it would produce

its called the alternator

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    not true.

the relay would stop the current being sucked from the primary battery to support the secondary battery thus seperating the batteries to do there different tasks..

think of it as a turnstile at suncorp stadium. you are the current. you go through the turnstile. it only turns one way so you cannot come back out.

anyways thats the least of my problems now. for some reason when i took out the fuse to reset my ecu the sound system now thinks my front speakers are subs... tweeters should not play bass let me tell you that much.
    Ah cool, didn't realise you were gonna have a changover relay. You're right there though, it will leave you with a battery to start the car. But then you are still only running the system off one battery, and it'll go flat until you start the car from the good battery. Won't be much good for the battery to flatten it/fully charge it/flatten it etc etc
    --------------------
    =====================
    Mid North Coast Member.
    =====================

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    saw these batteries in hot4s, current issue.. cant remember what they are but say they are one of the best for high quality stereos lolzzzz

in current issue.. ill find out for u

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5TYPER View Post
    Caps are crap!

Optima Yellow top!
    you can prove this with studies you have carried out im sure?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by GIPONU View Post
    it takes too much effort to hook up your system to one batt.

what you're really wanting to say is that its too much effort for the installer who originally did the job to do it properly the first time so the owner of the car doesn't get on forums and ask questions and recieve answers from NON-QUALIFIED posters giving the wrong information?

funny how people take what they read or hear as gospel and try to apply it without knowing how something does or doesnt work...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    caps are good.
    but some ppl just use it to cover up diming problems.

nd have u(person above) tried to wire a complete system from a stock to a 2nd batt in the rear? COMPLETE, meaning H/u,amps,caps? the h/u is the hard part. aye mr non qualified?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    if you re-type that in the queens english so i can understand what your asking rather than the bodgy sms style you're using i might be able to reply to what your asking...

and btw, dimming lights are mostly caused to poor ground along the different welded panels along the car getting to the back where someone has grounded an amp, caps in most cases wont fix this, a proper ground will thou...

Member Array

Cool

I think what GIPONU is trying to say is that it's too hard to wire all of your I.C.E. from a 2nd aux battery ..... which in my opinion is rubbish, I think it is easier. Especially for the Head Unit, the only difference is mine ALWAYS has power due to not using the OEM ignition switched power. This could be easily overcome by sticking a relay in line with the power feed from the 2nd battery, and have said relay turned on and off by the OEM ignition power that would have been connected to the OEM head unit.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeasy.

--------------------
    =====================
    Mid North Coast Member.
    =====================