Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek4 vtir
    i meen he said he can hear the scream so the vtec could be kicking in

but as for the clutch not necesarily.. ur talking if the clutch is already completely stuffed.. but if its not completely dead its still gona go its just not going to grip as hard.

when u change gear when floging it does the clutch grip strait away?

well the clutch is kinda worn out...yeah it doesnt feel like its gripping straight away. its due for a major service so i'll get it all cleaned out and maybe it'l perform better after the service if not then itsa time to change the clutch

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Major service does not involve cleaning the inside of your engine.....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by jas_kidd32 View Post
    You should feel the car pull when VTEC engages, it's not drastic, but it's there. Sound-wise, it's not obvious on a stock setup. I added a CAI and now the switch over point can be heard pretty well.
    That's the case with DC5R / Stock K20A/Z's. VTEC change over cannot be heard as easy. With a B-series, specifically B18C7/5/2, the change over into VTEC is very loud and obvious, Sound and feel wise.

I can't believe the technical genious of some of the people here -- Reminds me why I only search the for sale forums.

Honestly mate, just take it to a Honda Certified mechanic and get it checked out... There are so many variables that could cause your problem that its useless asking these keyboard warriors.. Seriously.. A couple of ppl have stated most likely scenarios, but most have demostrated a complete lack of logic/knowledge.

If you hear the crossover, then it is engaging. VTEC is hydraulic, so if it is actually engaging, then oil pressure is ok (yes, if oil is low, and cornering high G, then vtec will disengage due to non-pickup etc).

If it isn't making noticeable power it is possible the ECU is running in safe mode, do an ECU CEL check (do a search).

Maybe even check compression leak down test.

Thats just a starter, as ppl have stated, check all filters, injectors etc otherwise. You sound like you're not so mechanically minded, so as above, go to a mechanic and pay them the money to do what they should know best.

k thanx dude.....will do