Member Array
    Car:
    your mum

2nd hand alpine cda-9856 headunit

bit of a noob question, well i just bought a 2nd hand alpine cda 9856 didnt come with manuals or anything.
    for the wiring harness that can be purchased from supercheap/autobarn do they just wiring up to the headunit and plug straight into the stock civic plugs? or is the wiring harness used by cutting the oem plug and wiring it up then pluggin into the headunit it self?

also the unit didnt come with the plastic surround trim, does anything plastic surround trim fit or does it have to be specifically for alpine?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    has to be specifically for alpine, if near carlton, pop in and i'll give you one of many i have left over.

you can wire the head unit directly to the oem wiring or get a harness you can wire to the alpine loom and plug into the car. either or...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by simonnowis View Post
    bit of a noob question, well i just bought a 2nd hand alpine cda 9856 didnt come with manuals or anything.
    for the wiring harness that can be purchased from supercheap/autobarn do they just wiring up to the headunit and plug straight into the stock civic plugs? or is the wiring harness used by cutting the oem plug and wiring it up then pluggin into the headunit it self?

also the unit didnt come with the plastic surround trim, does anything plastic surround trim fit or does it have to be specifically for alpine?
    Theres 2 harnesses you need.

1. Plugs into your OEM dash plugs at one end, and at the other is 2 plugs.
    2. Plugs into your CD player, and at the other end, are the 2 plugs which connect the 2 units together.

Supercheap does not stock Alpine harnesses in-store, but can be ordered in.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    try JB Hi-Fi,supercheap,autobahn,retailers in your nearby neighbourhoods that sell audio systems and stuff sure you will easily get one. for $25 or so GLUCK