Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thats what i like...daily driven road weapons!

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    yeah those prices arent a surpise. A place here in adelaide quoted me $5500 for a supercharger set up. I rekon ill jus keep on saving up and put in a turbo, i know some guys in the industry who can give me a good deal when it comes to manifolds, intercoolers and plumbing.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    U could no doubt graba kit from the US for a turbo setup for around 4-5grand, but it all depends on what u goels are? how much hp and what kinda extra mods u wanna go for?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

How extreme do you want to go?

Most Honda's can be boosted on about 8psi safely without doing internals.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    I have a '95 GSi Teg and it needs power!!
    I was wondering if any of you know how much it would cost and if it would be worth it. ie having to replacing cams, pistons, etc aswell

the B18B block is actually quite good for turbocharging as it has lower compression then the B18C. for 10K that'll include forged pistons and maybe even shot-peened rods...depending if u wanna go that far! but you should be able to do within 8K. it all dpends on what u want and how far you're willing to push the limits...

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    when it comes to turbos im in the dark, have have no real idea. Going on advice ive been given ive been thinking something small like a T25 or maybe a bit bigger. Basically something to bring it off the 115Kw (at the fly) mark, make it a bit of a road weapon.

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    actually, stuff the modest s**t, for around 7K what could i do to make it a commy beating beast! U guys tell me

a T25 is the turbo off a older model sr20.....not that small, but not huge at the same time. but if ur refering to a GT25 HKS item, these things are fairly huge and flow heaps better!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    a nice garrett GT25 should flow a reasonable amount, or if that's out of your budget (about $1400 new) a second hand s15 or s14 T28 BB turbo should do nicely. Something that size should still spool up quickly enough and be a nice streetable turbo.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 ITR
    ahh crap another honda boy to the dark side nooooooooo...

seriously dude, with a fwd car your kinda startin off on the wrong foot. You want linear power on request, go N/A

also i reckon minimum 6k to spend trust me I've been there!!!!

There's alot of things to think of..

ECU, injectors (ugrade from 240cc to around 340cc), fuel pump, adj fpr, turbo, cooler, piping, new piping, wouldnt hurt to decomp the car.. e.t.c

saying that, N/A will be a more expensive part..

I'f your really determined on developing power, go to www.honda-tech.com and search hmm there's a guy in Austria making 420 whp!!! will get the name to you, he has posted his setup....

thinks its skafia

just remember..

turbo's are for rich people!

Member Array
    If you turbo on a B18B you will get around 120kw @ the wheels on 7psi.

Thats no internals.

Cost is around $10,000 if you want it done properly.