Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

Philips Diamond vision

I'm thinking about getting the Philips Diamond vision (H4) tomorrow, but can't quite decide if I should get the Blue vision one's instead. What do you guys think?
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

www.textbookexchange.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit + S2000
    get the diamond, it looks lot more to close HID than the blue.....
    Honda---The Power Of Dream!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Go for HID, no need to waste money on blue color bulbs.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you want it bluish-white, go for Diamondvision. If you want white light, then go Crystalvision. I agree with the others, don't waste your time with Bluevision. Crystalvision comes with matching parkers, not sure about Diamondvision, will have to check the set of diamonvision that I have and will let you know.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Went and bought the Diamond vision, they were originally $145, got em for $116 Last box left. They don't come with parkers though

On the box it says "DiamondVision is even whiter than Xenon HID lights".

I'll have it installed when I go in soon to get my brake pads replaced. I'll take before and after pics and post them up when they're installed.
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    I've returned the Diamond vision globes after doing quite a bit of research.

Turns out they aren't very brignt at night, especially on roads without streetlights (which is quite rare, but still...) and that they're hopeless when it rains. Also they're illegal, and they have a pretty short life (~1yr) due to the blue coating on the actual bulb. Basically the bulb is just for 'show' and apparantly isn't very useful at night, which beats the whole purpose of headlights. So that's it, I'm gonna stick to my Narva 50+ for another year and may get extreme vision next year.

In the mean time I'm thinking about getting 'angel eyes' but does anyone know if any retailers in Sydney sell them? A few guys are selling them on e-bay. Any idea how much it would cost to install them?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzdude View Post
    I've returned the Diamond vision globes after doing quite a bit of research.

Turns out they aren't very brignt at night, especially on roads without streetlights (which is quite rare, but still...) and that they're hopeless when it rains. Also they're illegal, and they have a pretty short life (~1yr) due to the blue coating on the actual bulb. Basically the bulb is just for 'show' and apparantly isn't very useful at night, which beats the whole purpose of headlights. So that's it, I'm gonna stick to my Narva 50+ for another year and may get extreme vision next year.

In the mean time I'm thinking about getting 'angel eyes' but does anyone know if any retailers in Sydney sell them? A few guys are selling them on e-bay. Any idea how much it would cost to install them?
    I told you bulb are just waste of money...Only got blue effect but not bright.HID is the one to go. Good luck!

WOW $116?! you might as well buy a proper HID kit.

"DiamondVision is even whiter than Xenon HID lights".
    Yeah maybe HID's that are rated at 3000K but I doubt it'll be whiter than say 5000k onwards.
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

WTB: 4x120 Wheels. Any kind!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Any HID kit designed with H-type HID bulbs is not "proper". Proper HIDs use D-type bulbs.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Thanks for your input guys. But aren't HID's illegal in NSW?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Nope, HID's aren't illegal if your car originally comes with them from factory. (E.g. Accord V6 Lux, Accord Euro Lux, Legend, S2000, etc...)

Or if you get them specifically engineered (with cert) to include proper housing, auto-leveling and washers.
    Last edited by howy; 11-06-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Any HID kit designed with H-type HID bulbs is not "proper". Proper HIDs use D-type bulbs.
    What is the difference between H and D types ?