Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    I've always wanted to have my car satin black like that s15! I wonder how much it would cost to get it done professionally...
    If you want to do it properly and make it look good, then it will cost alot. The body has to be perfectly straight and you have to do a good job spraying otherwise it is very easy to make it look bad.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

His using spray cans.... i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    His using spray cans.... i think.
    seen it done... ill advised to use cans as it's kinda like foundation on chicks faces... gotta balance the coating perfectly or else it looks shit. good luck to the op... i will try it though on a lip and sideskirts when i get em...

i would do a third coat and sand it down with 1200 or 1600 grit wet sandpaper...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Sweet, sure am using spray cans lolz. Like i said ive done my bonnet it turned out great so far.. Will doign doing the rest of the body this week. The only doubt i have is the paint flaking off? Is there like an uncoat that i should use to prevent this from happenign

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by dslt View Post
    Sweet, sure am using spray cans lolz. Like i said ive done my bonnet it turned out great so far.. Will doign doing the rest of the body this week. The only doubt i have is the paint flaking off? Is there like an uncoat that i should use to prevent this from happenign
    if you still had your stocko paint that is very much sufficient assuming you roughened it up some with maybe 800 grit sandpaper before spraying over it.... if that was the case i would have done 2 coats only and 1200/1400/1600 grit sanded the final product for a nice clean look

post pics....

***EDIT***
    make sure you leave it out in the sun often for at least a week, it's no alternative but it makes up for the "cooking time" that is done in spray booths...
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTI-R CIVIC
    hes got balls to sand his car down and spray with cans lol!!! good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by diffuzn View Post
    hes got balls to sand his car down and spray with cans lol!!! good luck
    yep.. to do it straight up too

i at least practiced on my old car when it got written off. levelling the satin black is easier if the original paint had been roughened up.

But once you use a can you have to use the whole thing coz when paint starts drying at the tip, next time you spray it, it blotches and it's a pain in the arse to remove and sand down later.

1 can of the 400ml satin black from supercheap can easily do 2 coats of a bonnet... if he pulls it off well then the whole car will cost him less than $100.

Must perfect finishing with the sanding though.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    matte black is dead. matte. totally solid finish. looks like arse.

looks like a chalkboard.

looks like primer.

its ugly.

satin black has a very tiny amount more "shinyness"

its not much, but it makes the difference between looking like a unfinished car, and a proper paint job.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    matte black is dead. matte. totally solid finish. looks like arse.
    I think it looks Faptastic!

In reality the affect goes by what sought of paint you used and how much prepping you did

Good luck with it mate and lets see it come out bad ass
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    that CRX is satin, not matte

and the other two photos are shocking photoshops lol
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    that CRX is satin, not matte

and the other two photos are shocking photoshops lol
    Actually guy said he did it in matte but ill be happy to double check

As for the civic not too sure (But wouldn't supprise me if it was real)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    ^
    why did you had to include the evo running on 23psi in that sentence? made no sence.

anyways if you're gonna spray your dc2 matt black, let me join in.

i wanna see how this turns out.
    lol cant leave it out coz i never put him in a sentance without mentioning it lol