Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    prob sized up on itself due to cold weather
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Porches do have a plumback BOV. The actual reason cars have BOVs is to STOP that fluttering noise. I can imagine what a 50yo business man would think when his $200,000 porche starts making noises like a pigeon.

Ive gone through it many time, no bov doesnt significantly damage ur turbo. i cbf explaing, but if u search, i had many many posts, with much evidence suporting my claims.

Also some cars DONT have bovs, example VL turbo comes WITHOUT one from factory. Also you will notice many trucks dont have them either. Ive hard MANY trucks 'dose' on the freeway.

All a bov does is add another thing that can go wrong into the system.
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah i hear trucks dosing all the time.

its funny as fcuk
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    I had a look at the engine bay screen shots
    Cant really see any bov
    Looks like stock

By the sound of it,if its the actual fc and not just a dub I reckon it might be the oldskool hks..

This one maybe

These suck, there old and work on a diaphragm, once it dies it leaks terriblly..they sound good though, they run twin vac lines.

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    Porches do have a plumback BOV. The actual reason cars have BOVs is to STOP that fluttering noise. I can imagine what a 50yo business man would think when his $200,000 porche starts making noises like a pigeon.

Ive gone through it many time, no bov doesnt significantly damage ur turbo. i cbf explaing, but if u search, i had many many posts, with much evidence suporting my claims.

Also some cars DONT have bovs, example VL turbo comes WITHOUT one from factory. Also you will notice many trucks dont have them either. Ive hard MANY trucks 'dose' on the freeway.

agree, but also disagree,

I wouldnt go running 20 pound with no recirculation valve, the forces you put back on the compressor wheel through reversion gets pretty extensive at big boost levels. It may not kill it, but its undue stress on the bearings and shock waves it doesnt need. AT standard boost levels,it wouldnt be a problem, they are mostly a wank thesedays and manufactures have got onboard and exploited the shit out of them...theyre mostly not necessary

And the minimal benefits acheived from the wheel freespinning between gears arent that great. Most drag cars dont even run them, not to mention they rebuild their motors constantly too.
    Last edited by K20A DC5; 28-06-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    get this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnHfFmm0ji8

unless u want more then one noise

get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4I2vA9tzsQ
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    prob sized up on itself due to cold weather
    that happens??

prob it then cos seems to be doin it wen its cold
    did it last night too
    and it was fine this morning
    i think its time ot buy a new one

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post

Sorry man but cars with a blow off valve will still flutter as well. and its purpose isnt to delete the flutter sound it is to release pressure and saves the car having a pressure surge which causes back spin, a drop in power, which happens after the accelerator is lifted. So its actually a good upgrade, especially for high boost cars, where the pressure build up is much greater

i agree that it wont damage your car but sometime it does upset the ecu depends where its mounted n if your runnning a standard ecu and what not, but still it does have a purpose other than sound

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by gReY-oNe View Post
    that happens??

prob it then cos seems to be doin it wen its cold
    did it last night too
    and it was fine this morning
    i think its time ot buy a new one
    yeah your supose to take apart your BOV and lube it once in a while to maintain it. It can get jammed if not properly lubed (that with the turbosmart ones anyway)
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    I have 2 (yes two) BOVs and it still flutters. ZOMG!

You will get flutter when the BOV isnt opening,
    That is, the pressure in the system isnt great enough to overcome the spring pressure in the BOV

So the noise you hear is compressor reversion, the same noise youd get if you had no BOV.

The other advantage as was mentioned earlier is for the ecu/airflow meter.

With some airflow meters, when reversion occurs, air heads back out through the pod after hitting the compressor wheel (thats what the flutter noise is) when this happens it sends mixed directional signals throught the airflow meter and the car runs rich,lean,rich,lean as the air pulses back and forth, this is felt as a surge and unstable stutter, it gets very annoying. This is all stopped with factory plumback BOV's.