Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Oh and to add, at the time, shipping costs ranged from 430USD to 270USD. the more expensive being with UPS the least being with USPS. USPS will always be your cheapest option, but sometimes OS vendors dont like using them because they sometimes lack quality assurance and are header to deal with incase of disputes.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I used the warranty return trick

Worked out perfect
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    luke what was the hardest part of the install you think?

seems like it would be pretty easy to bolt on except for the tapping of the oil pan (obviously need to take it off, drill holes and reassemble), connecting dp to exhaust (Cheap at exhaust shop), anything else that is a major hassle.

to someone who can do a fair bit of work on their car themselves it shouldnt be too hard? just wondering as ill prob be doing it myself with some mates.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post

seems like it would be pretty easy to bolt on except for the tapping of the oil pan (obviously need to take it off, drill holes and reassemble), connecting dp to exhaust (Cheap at exhaust shop), anything else that is a major hassle.

to someone who can do a fair bit of work on their car themselves it shouldnt be too hard? just wondering as ill prob be doing it myself with some mates.
    sum is the hardest and you need to re-drill the the GReddy log manifold holes a bit as the D16Z6 witch this kits made for has a slightly different off-set

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post

Before i installed my greddy kit, i had previously only done an oil change on my car. Oh and made a custom CIA with PVC piping.

But i did research, i researched the install for about 6months. I purchased every tool and every fluid i needed beforehand. Cost around $500 for repco gear but i had zero tools/stuff beforehand.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    h3 harness or rememebr to get the ignition cable for the emanage blue.. .

If u plan on boosting it higher, the ignition cable is a must.

get the greddy kit with the cooler and piping included, turn out to be round about the same price as custom piping n cooler.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    h3 harness or rememebr to get the ignition cable for the emanage blue.. .

If u plan on boosting it higher, the ignition cable is a must.

get the greddy kit with the cooler and piping included, turn out to be round about the same price as custom piping n cooler.
    That's correct

The e-manage comes per-tuned with a safe base line map for 5psi but its tuned using just the AFR and thus you won't have the tuning control needed to run higher boost safely plus no VTec crossover point control.

The H-3 ignition harness gives you complete control by allowing to tune via the maps instead of just AFR plus VTec crossover.

The H-3 is PnP no soldering needs and enables all options available with e-manage blue..

As Weq said, research is the key..

I did about two years research before even choosing what kit to buy..

I have to disagree with Fo55il about get'n the kit with the FMIC and piping.

It was about $800 bucks extra when I got my kit so I didn't bother and got my stuff off eBay well the piping anyway, worked out to $340 delivered.

But if the kits cheap with the Intercooler upgrade go for it lol

Cheers

LukeZen
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 20-06-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    That's correct

The e-manage comes per-tuned with a safe base line map for 5psi but its tuned using just the AFR and thus you won't have the tuning control needed to run higher boost safely plus no VTec crossover point control.

The H-3 ignition harness gives you complete control by allowing to tune via the maps instead of just AFR plus VTec crossover.

The H-3 is PnP no soldering needs and enables all options available with e-manage blue..

As Weq said, research is the key..

I did about two years research before even choosing what kit to buy..

I have to disagree with Fo55il about get'n the kit with the FMIC and piping.

It was about $800 bucks extra when I got my kit so I didn't bother and got my stuff off eBay well the piping anyway, worked out to $340 delivered.

But if the kits cheap with the Intercooler upgrade go for it lol

Cheers

LukeZen

i always dont know how to thanks you guys coz you both gave me a lot of useful inf. that i needed haha ~

and i will do some more research first and hopefully i can do the turbo-ing in the end of this year ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    guess im different to look cuase hardest thing i found was wiring, which i got a mate to help me with. with the sump just took it off and welded a socket into the sump. oil lines are also abit annoying, but other then that... not really to much to worry about, its very simple if u are any bit mechanical i would just do it urself, be a good learning curve and at least that way u no what has been done to the car... and u appreciate it more

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    or while its gettin done be around pik up things.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    tell me more about this warrenty return get through customs trick?

im nearly saved up for the kit........

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    tell me more about this warrenty return get through customs trick?

im nearly saved up for the kit........
    Ask the seller to put Warranty Return on the box so you don't have to pay tax..

Doesn't work all the time though