catback liL more
    dull eveJ more
    ehehe

comes down to `re u willing topay the extra a,ount

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    hey all!!!

anyone can help me with actual proven facts about pros and cons of each compared to the other?

like FE has powergain, CB doesnt have power gain, M is jsut for looks rah rah rah....

bascially i wanna know is its worth getting a catback exhuast.

insurance wont let me get full exhuast. i drive an integra vtir.

also, jsut general info on full exhuast.... like where does it go? up to the headers? extractors? i dunno.. confused beyond the point of the CAT... so i dunno.

thanks plenty!

eric.
    when do we hit vtec?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Full exhaust involved changing everything to do with the exhaust.
    I.e
    Headers -> Cat -> Piping -> Muffler

Cat back is just everything after (and often including) the cat.
    I.e.
    (Cat) --> Piping --> Muffler.

If you just change the cat and the piping + muffler you might get some gains. But they won't be as much as changing to a FULL exhaust.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

well considering you can't get FE, don't worry about them CB - cheaper, you'll get some noise, some minor gains, and some looks if you wack on a n1 or something similar... not bad
    フジタエンジニアリング

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    ahhh so headers are that piping from the engine bay thast like 4-2-1.. and that *1* goes back to the CAT.... and then so on.

nice, thanks.

yeah catback would be cool then, im very into the whole N1 angled exhuast look! will def look into it, jsut gotta make sure insurance will allow me to get it!

thanks!
    when do we hit vtec?

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    im appearently only allowed to get a *catback* with my insurance, BUT that does not include the CAT...

says, i think, i can only change the piping frmo the CAT and the muffler.... but i cant change the actual hiflow or cat....

will that have any power gain? pros? cons? is there then a point? apart from looks?
    when do we hit vtec?

Personally...... if you can't get insurance to cover a Full Exhaust.... don't bother with a new cat for just a cat back exhaust, I would only bother with a new cat if I was doing FE, (extractors,hi-flow cat, B pipe and muffler)

If you are adament about getting a highflow cat... just tell the insurance comp. that the old cat was rooted and needed replacing.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    U should get some gains, but u can't feel much if u just change to a CB system, but be careful when modifying your car cause they come so well tuned out of factory already as they are!

Sometimes modifications to your car could lose power if the wrong modifications are chosen. :cry:
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    *cough* gut ya cat

that didnt come from me...

didn't know stock exhaust + cat cost so much

back to topic, Jone, didn't you say you found the muffler + piping + ...i can't remember some other post back..

anyway why don't you just change to the OEM muffler and say drop by fussy and get them to change you a bigger diameter pipe and maybe include a high flow cat.

i'm not a big fan of oem muffler- again i'm not sure if the oem ITR muffler will get you much, but i do know that if you change the piping, it will be darn loud. otherwise tangy shld be able to hook you up with imports stuff

here is fussy contact
    Tan(manger)
    02-9726-0058
    0411-083-680
    add: 16/26 Hume Hwy
    Lansvale NSW 2166

if you are going, check out the bodykit shop across him, but give him a call and suss the quote first.

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Quote Originally Posted by tanghy
    get the factory catback off a ITR
    OEM and still get power gains
    more power than a local custom catback setup tanghy? and also, how would an OEM ITR catback system cost vs. a local exhaust setup cost? and how hard are they to source? i doubt u can pop into ur local honda wrecker and "pick one up"? hehe.... :roll:
    im also interested in throwing an exhaust onto my GSi.....

thanks, jon.
    *.....post hijacking caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!....*
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    ...yes...... yes i am..... 8)

thanks for the number Roy.