Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3

Question Where/ How to ground/earth Engine, manifold, alternator etc

Hi!

MY car is getting old.. and i noticed alot of the cables are starting to open up etc... just wondering if i get new cables...and want to improve the electric flow/discharge .. where should i put cables to earth them?

I heard people put them on their alternators, intake mani, engine cover..etc.. i just wanna know exactly..

Thanks
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    get urself a pivot razin kit and follow the diy on the site, unless u want something cheaper or something more expensive, they do the same. pivot razin if in melb can be genuine for about 80-100

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Save your money on that rice and just make a really nice heavy gauge ground yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    For Newer car's it might be rice.. but for car lyk mine which is 17 years old... it will actually get some gains back,, lyk better throttle response and smoother rev through out rev, possibly brighter headlights...."Apparently"
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    my headlights are no longer dimming from my heavy bass.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=grounding
    that's the wiring for the grounding kit to each of the component mentioned.

for the kit i obtained from a store, at mates rates.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I made my own from 4 gauge wiring that I bought from Jaycar. Check for existing grounds in your engine bay and replace those.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    Hey guys,
    I have seen many hondas with their tappet covers grounded but unless its grounded where the bolts/nuts which actually hold the tappet cover on to the head it does nothing!
    Correct me if im wrong but if you think about it the whole tappet cover is insulated from the head by rubber gaskets, last time i checked rubber dosen't conduct electricity.

JOE

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EGJOE View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have seen many hondas with their tappet covers grounded but unless its grounded where the bolts/nuts which actually hold the tappet cover on to the head it does nothing!
    Correct me if im wrong but if you think about it the whole tappet cover is insulated from the head by rubber gaskets, last time i checked rubber dosen't conduct electricity.

JOE
    Isn't the valve cover conductive?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    yeh but then where does the flow go???
    The little washes under those nuts have rubber under them, sparkplug holes got rubbers seals, cover has a main seal, rubber cam seals. The cover is isolated form whole ground system. I'm sure only main cover fasteners connect to head.

JOE

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    even those main fasteners are insulted from cover so unless actually touching the main nuts it aint grounding. Does that sound right?

JOE

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    hmmm ok i take your word for it

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    So where i circled with yellow in pic, if connected there is it still grounded?