Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Headers

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Is there any point in changing the stock accord headers at all??

And who here by the way has a full exhaust set-up from header to outlet that is??

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    It depends how much you spend I guess. Cheap "off the shelf" aka hurricane header setups won't net much change whereas custom built ones will. With a bored and stroked EB2 in a first gen Civic, I got about 2bhp @ the FW with a cheap header setup, when I went to Jackson Racing tuned pipes that bumped to 14 - pity they actually ran out the front grill, under the bumper and then under the car

I'd be tempted to go a high-flow cat and muffler along with a bigger exhaust first and see what power increase you net - then again, I'm a tight-arse when it comes to spending money on cars
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    high-flow cat - that the catalytic convertor?? ops:

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    yep, cat converter

well a mate of mine has a full exhaust on his prelude (H23), not the same as Accord but close enough. Not sure he has gained an awful lot from the extractors but then again i dont think his exhaust is optimal for the car (splits off to a pair of 4" tips).

I'd think that a well-made header would make a decent amount of power but i agree with Setanta, i'd be getting a high-flow and cat back exhaust first and seeing what increase that gives you

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    umm..is that legal?? - to change the catalytic convertor??
    thought that that piece of equipment is to prevent harmful gases into the enviro??

Yes, you can change it as long as it meets the Australian Standards, this means that if you import a hi-flow cat for example it could be considered illegal because the emissions may be higher than what we are allowed. Hi-flow cats will make a huge difference in performance if you get a full exhaust system.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    ok! cool!

i understand that to obtain some gains, the piping from extractors to outlet should be as straight thru as possible...true??

and can/will mufflers make or break an exhaust set-up??

oh and by changing the cat, will that cause it to be louder, cos i don't want that, my muffler is loud enuff atm... :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Changing the cat shouldnt make much difference to the volume, if you want it quiet (i do too, dont worry ) just get a huge muffler and it should be all good. If its still too loud then a resonator or too would help

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    hmmm maybe dis shoulda been in the Tech section..ahea.. :roll: sari!!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    definitely go full exhaust system with high flow cat

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    is that wat u've done to urs Calvo??

btw.... where is Jackson Racing???