Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound System

Sound System

I have a 1997 or 1988 model honda integra gsi.
    I want to get an excellent sound system including amp, speakers, sub, etc
    I also want a normal looking (not tv) head unit with the ability to connect an Ipod which will help increase performance.
    Could you recommend me what to get?
    Last edited by FoCuS; 15-06-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    how much are you willing to spend? I have a spare top of the range Pioneer PRS headunit I'm not using. PM me for more details
    As for the rest of the system, also depend on how much you want to spend really.. so tell us your budget and I'm sure many here can help

I'm willing to spend $1000 or abit more.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Honda civic vti
    Excellent sound system for $1000??? Or do you mean just the head unit??? If so, i have a sub available for $380 including postage, its brand new, never got it installed. Look up for it, it is a high end sub, T112D4 of rockford fosgate 12". And also a sound processor for you to increase the sound quality to almost perfect. The sound processor is a 3sixty.1 and this one is also brand new. Totally sealed in it's original seal and warranty for another 11 mths. Lol. Its for sale for $350, shoot me a pm if you are interested. Reason i can sell these cheap is because i got it off from a friend who imported them for me, and he isn't making any profit off the gears he sold me. And i want to sell them because i am thinking of changing my head unit and also i bought 3 T112D4, then decided to get rid of 1.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    $1000 will not get you an 'excellent' system.. my system which is just only 'decent' compared to some other setups out there costs me around $1500.

But if you must spend that much for now I might start with headunit, a set of splits and an amp.. then if you have more to spend you can start looking for subwoofer and en extra amp..

someone might have different view but here's what I reckon:
    $400-500 on headunit ( I have a DEH P800PRS for sale )
    $250 on splits (this will get you for example Alpine TypeR or Pioneer TS-D1720C)
    $250 for a 2ch amp
    also, get a sound deadening material if you have extra $$ left

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by adylim View Post
    Excellent sound system for $1000??? Or do you mean just the head unit??? If so, i have a sub available for $380 including postage, its brand new, never got it installed. Look up for it, it is a high end sub, T112D4 of rockford fosgate 12". And also a sound processor for you to increase the sound quality to almost perfect. The sound processor is a 3sixty.1 and this one is also brand new. Totally sealed in it's original seal and warranty for another 11 mths. Lol. Its for sale for $350, shoot me a pm if you are interested. Reason i can sell these cheap is because i got it off from a friend who imported them for me, and he isn't making any profit off the gears he sold me. And i want to sell them because i am thinking of changing my head unit and also i bought 3 T112D4, then decided to get rid of 1.

Why would he need a 3sixty? If he's still using his old stock HU, 3sixty is overkill. Even if he changes his headunit, with a $1k budget, I doubt the 3sixty will be worthwhile. Better off getting one of those cheap packages for $200-$300 from JB Hifi which include a new headunit, two basic speakers, and then buying a monobloc amp and sub.

I admit that the $380 for a RF Power sub is great value, but I think it'll be overkill unless he upgrades the other components in his setup. And with a $1k budget, I don't think RF is really the brand of choice lol.

... unless maybe he can install himself; but don't think that will open that many more doors.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Honda civic vti
    The reason why i offered him all these stuff is, he said he want an excellent sound system. which means i think he is saying he is willing to spend 1k on the headunit i think. Cause with 1k, he cant do anything good to his sound system, i am sure of that. With a lower end product, just a sub with a box and an amp to power it will cost ard 700 mayb. Installation would be ard 300 on top of the amp and sub. Look, the sub i am offering is just 600 watt rms, 1200 peak. An amp like pdx1.600 would be great for the sub. An enclosure for 250. They all total at Amp $500, Sub $350, Enclosure $250, Total = $1100. Installation is around $200 Which means $1300. Saving up another 300 bucks could get you a high end product, why not??? The processor is for tuning the sound quality. I personally think this would be a great low budget high end sound system. With that processor, he could even drop buying a headunit. For speakers, i can get you a set of T162S splits for 300 bucks and i mean with 1 year warranty man. For the speakers, maybe a PDX4.150? Which will set you back at around $600. Installation is another 200 bucks i say. Then they all actually total up to $2700 which is what i personally think an excellent sound system. But for around $1500 you could get some low end products.
    Last edited by adylim; 16-06-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    1000 isnt much at all, a decent system starts in the thousandS..

agree with darkangels suggestion of 'h.u+splits+2chan amp+SD first, sub later'

look into alpine head units if you want fast & user-friendly integration between h.u & your ipod.

Thanks everyone =)

What brand splits should i go for? pioneers?

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    For the money I suggest Alpine TypeR or Pioneer TS-D1720C, or even the jaycar splits if you really want to save. They are very good value for money, the rest of the $$ can be spent on sound deadening

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Excellent system avail in your price range. Check PM!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FoCuS View Post
    I have a 1997 or 1988 model honda integra gsi.
    I want to get an excellent sound system including amp, speakers, sub, etc
    I also want a normal looking (not tv) head unit with the ability to connect an Ipod which will help increase performance.
    Could you recommend me what to get?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    to TC; if u're willing to install.... there's some info in this month's MOTOR magazine (July 2008) on p104 with what you can get for a "$1000 system solution" using RRPs of the products recommended.

In summary, the Clarion "Tops & tails upgrade" (i.e. fix up the high and low end; but leave the standard woofers) consists of:
    Source: DZX586USB - $369
    Tweeters: SRU310H - $169
    Sub: PFW1051 flat 10" - $269
    Amp: APX1301 mono - $299
    Total: $1106

Or the "low-fat upgrade" from Sony (low-fat meaning light; but no sub);
    Source: CDXGT55IP - $299
    Amp: XMS4 amp - $399
    Front speakers: XSGTX1620S 6.5" components - $199
    Rear speakers: XSGTX6940S 6x9" coaxials - $199
    Total: $1096

These prices are obviously made to be bargained down since they're retail. Just go to JB or something and negotiate.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.